FS2004 failing to load

Pro Member Trainee
yourtoserious Trainee

i started my system this morning, landed a flight i started the day, closed the simulator.
after spending a while thinking, decided to install cloud9's LAX scenery.

when the download and installation was complete, i tried to open FS2004 from the desktop, the loading screen opens, and then closes without loading the simulator itself.

after reading on google about the same problem, decided to re-install the Simulator, and when i installed it, the same problem is occuring.
any help?

thank you for your time reading this,
Tom

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
yourtoserious Trainee

oh well, i thought screw it, and installed windows 7.
got all i need off xp for FS, everything went fine,
but now when trying to install AES, i have to add the scenery to the library, which i did, and everytime i do, its screws up.

so, i dont know what to do.
i love flying, i love being able to look outside, see aircraft on approach to birmingham BHX, and get home and recreate that flight.

everytime i do, something goes wrong on my system.
so, just going to leave it i think.
ill try another time

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sure someone here could help you yourto(o)serious if you were a bit more serious about the whole thing.
I for one have always felt that you're just screwing around to have a bit of fun at the expense of others. See our previous 'correspondence'.

I'm not comfortable at all communicating with adults (if that's what you are) who cannot be bothered to use capitalization in the environment of a forum such as this one, where questions and replies can become quite particular i.e. lower case letters where there should be upper case letters (and vice versa) can confuse, frustrate and prolong the to and fro of posts needlessly.
Nobody expects perfect English, listening to newsreaders and the most powerful politicians... I doubt anyone is capable of proper English nowadays.
But we have to get our meaning across so we try the best we can.

In your case, a good start would be the use of capitalization and pertinent information regarding your problem.

i started my system this morning, landed a flight i started the day, closed the simulator.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

oh well, i thought screw it, and installed windows 7.
got all i need off xp for FS, everything went fine,
but now when trying to install AES,

...again, what are you talking about?

I know you're running FS9. What I don't know is which version of W7 you installed... why not tell us? Too much to type? Not all versions of W7 can run FS9.
AES... I know this could refer to Aerosoft's Airport Enhancement Services. Couldn't you just have typed the word Aerosoft in addition to AES for clarification?

i have to add the scenery to the library, which i did, and everytime i do, its screws up

How did you add the scenery to the library (are we still talking AES?) and how does it 'screw up'?

If you use a little effort when posting a query, you'll get results.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...