Cirrus SR20 FSX-No Interior Graphics

Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

Just downloaded the Cirrus SR20 file from Fly Away. All the files seem to be in the proper folder, but when I launch the plane in FSX, there are no interior graphics, just the outside scenery and the frame of the plane. Can anyone help? Please cc reply to dave@filmsound.com. Thanks in advance.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

The readme says to put the guages file in the guages folder, but there is no "guages" file, just the 6 files that it mentions otherwise.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

daveyaffe wrote:

The readme says to put the guages file in the guages folder, but there is no "guages" file, just the 6 files that it mentions otherwise.

The main gauge folder, that's where the downloaded gauges go.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

Can you help me? I don't see any downloaded guages in the zip file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Post a link to the aircraft you downloaded so we can take a look at it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

Here's the link to the zip file. I uploaded it to my idisk. Thank you in advance. ...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I downloaded it but when I saw the name Mark Rooks a red light went up in my head and made a terrible noise.

Well, if you insist on using Mark Rooks' 'creations' or 'updates' or 'improvements' or whatever he likes his rubbish to be known as, remember this:

Much of what he tweaks and uploads is incomplete and doesn't work.

In this case however, everything works, play around with your W key to see the gauges.
The other thing to remember is that he gets very confused with his many 'projects' he's got going simultaneously and has the tendency to put the wrong ReadMe files in the wrong packages.

In this case we find in the Read Me First.txt: 4.Gauges file goes in the game gauges folder -- as you rightly observed, there is no gauges file.

It also states that this is a repaint - well I see no repaint the aircraft is just white, period. If you read the ReadMe in its entirety, you'll find a lot of contradictions.

There's also this: 7.Do not upload to any site but Flightsim.com
Now if you go to Flightsim, you won't find the SR-20 in the FSX section. If you look in the FS2004 section however, you won't only find the original aircraft but also various repaints. What does that tell us?

Mark Rooks is on a mission from God... except, unlike Moses he was never given any directions.

Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

I must be doing something wrong. When I launch the Cirrus SR 20 in FSX, it comes up with no guages. I go to the "view" menu and change the cockpit view but i only get the old steam guages, no glass cockpit, even though I've downloaded several different Cirrus SR20 files. Some by that guy and one by someone else. It always seems to come up with the same old plane (I delete the old planes every time I try a new one). Yes, I did put the guages in the "guages" folder (extracted them all to that folder) Here's one:

javascript:openWindow('download-file?file=FSX-FS9+SR22-N429CD.zip&fileId=38711', 800, 400);void(0)

Here's the other:

javascript:openWindow('download-file?file=Cirrus+G-3+Turbo-1.zip&fileId=36463', 800, 400);void(0)

An

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you try this one.

http://www.simviation.com/1/browse-Props-62-97

Put the contents (not the folder itself) of the downloaded gauge folder into the main gauge folder.
That should do the job.
Follow all the rest on this read-me.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
daveyaffe Trainee

Your link goes to a page with only one Cirrus on it, a "classical" six-pack, not a glass cockpit. Or, is there something I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

D

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

daveyaffe wrote:

Your link goes to a page with only one Cirrus on it, a "classical" six-pack, not a glass cockpit. Or, is there something I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

D

Nowhere did you say you wanted a glass cockpit.
This is freeware, you can't always get what you want.
I'll check around and see if there are any free, why don't you email the designer of the one you originally downloaded and ask him to send you the gauge folder.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...