FL300 glitch

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

Everytime I fly an IFR flight in one of my commercial jetsand I try to go over 30,000 feet, the plane starts to stall and crash at around 30,0000 feet. All my planes are stock planes from FSX.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

What's your airspeed and how fast are you climbing to get to that altitude?

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

last time it happened, i think i was flying at 280-290kts at 1800 ft/min. Should i lower the feet/min to 1500 or 1000?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

You bet you should, especially if you're flying a heavily laden aircraft. Try around 1000fpm and watch the speed carefully, it can shave off very quickly at this altitude. (PS: This isn't realistic procedure as VNAV/LNAV is used to control attitude based on holding a certain speed).

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

do you know anything about recoding flights too?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Unfortunately not a lot, but the best program to use would be "FSRecorder" I believe, and then using fraps to record your in game replay through FSRecorder. A nice little tip I've found also is to record in 1/2 time speed, and then speed it up to 2 x in your video editing software, that way you're getting double the frames. Although that's probably a bit too complicated for a beginner. Other than that I don't know much, sorry.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...