Flight - I must be missing something...

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

DEAR moderator;
I downloaded it. I launched it. I seem to have NO control - oh, I have control of the aircraft okay but how does one select program options, etc?
When a selection screen appears I move my cursor around but see only very brief flashes of where it is on the screen.
Why do they do this?!
Is there a key sequence that will make the opening screen maybe a Little more conventional? I simply cannot find my way around this thing.
Respectfully,
Pete
Flyer of J-3's, Culver Cadets and LEARJETS!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try shutting down some of the programs running in the background.
Be sure you have the latest video card drivers.
I would reboot before I'd shut down what's not needed in the background.
You can disable you anti-virus and enable it again when your finished flying, never shut off your firewall.
See if any of this helps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RADARMAN!
My HERO!

Okay, I'll try those one by one. I vaguely remember having a problem like this with one of the Combat Flight Sim products, but I never got to a solution with that. I think I just gave up. That was a long time ago on a much less capable computer.

Just FYI: Gateway FX542X running Vista Ultimate (64) on an Intel Q9300 quad core at 2.5GHz; 4GB RAM (I know. I should have more), nVidia GeForce 9800GT, a one Terabyte hard drive and an Acer AL2216W (22") monitor. .

(I've been snooping solid state hard drives, but not quite yet..)

I did a disc cleanup AND defrag just before downloading Flight. You'd think......

But thank you! And thank you for hanging in here for all the struggling Flight Simmers.
Sincerely,
Pete

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a 512mb card, with that CPU I would bump it up as well (like you said) more ram.
I hope you have at least a 750w power supply.

Good luck and nice to see you back.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Radarman, thank you for your help! You are THE MAN!
I finally got a cursor on the screen when I figured out how to get out of full screen mode. That made finding my way around much easier.
HOWever ... I'm using an eight button joystick which I have had for years and have used with complete success with FS9. I cannot get Flight (or FSX, btw) to accept any button assignments from the joystick. It simply ignores any input I try to make on the "Assignments" page. Have you seen this problem before?
It's also a disappointment that Flight doesn't allow anything but normal speed. There appears to be no 2X, 4X, etc. accelerators. Or am I missing something again?
Respectfully,
Pete

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Most joysticks won't work in Vista or W7 because it's 64bit and you need new drivers.
I had a MS Sidewinder Pro2 for years and MS won't make drivers for it so I bought a Saitek yoke and pedals.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...