Missing scenery files

Austin11 Guest

Hey,
I'm missing some scenery files in my scenery folder for FS2004 and that is why my scenery is acting up and it looks very bad,you can look in your scenery folder and compare to the pic and see which ones I'm missing,if you know which ones I'm missing,please send them too jennyfla1004@yahoo.com.
I just wanna fly 'properly' again 😞

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Austin11 Guest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

ouch my eyes.. Hack teletubbies-windows.

I am guessing that this is your ..\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\ Folder?

For future reference, enable your address bar in the "View" -> "Toolbars" menu, not only will it significantly simplify navigating your HD, it will also help us determine what you are exactly looking at.

But - to the case. How do you know "certain" files are missing? Is it not just a settings, graphics card or driver issue?

Did you ever backup your FS9 installation? If you did, just place some folders back....
If you have a second HD, why not install FS9 there, and copy the entire scenery folder from the fresh install back into the old install. Or better yet, synchronise the folders using Total commander or similar application.

Lastly, all those folders are roughly 40 or 50 MB in size, if not significantly bigger. Does your mailaccount accept attachments of that size?

Austin11 Guest

Cause in the installation process it said it had some files that it couldn't copy to the scenery folders then I looked in my scenery folder and none of those weren't there,but still,scenery files please?😞 Can you look at your scenery folder and check which 1s i have and don't have???

Austin11 Guest

ARD-DC wrote:

ouch my eyes.. Hack teletubbies-windows.

I am guessing that this is your ..\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\ Folder?

For future reference, enable your address bar in the "View" -> "Toolbars" menu, not only will it significantly simplify navigating your HD, it will also help us determine what you are exactly looking at.

But - to the case. How do you know "certain" files are missing? Is it not just a settings, graphics card or driver issue?

Did you ever backup your FS9 installation? If you did, just place some folders back....
If you have a second HD, why not install FS9 there, and copy the entire scenery folder from the fresh install back into the old install. Or better yet, synchronise the folders using Total commander or similar application.

Lastly, all those folders are roughly 40 or 50 MB in size, if not significantly bigger. Does your mailaccount accept attachments of that size?

And you can try if you can send those to my yahoo account,or if you have xfire/aim you can try that

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Sorry, I don't have Xfire or Aim.

You have all the default folders present, none are missing.

I would hate to upload a couple a few big emails, only to find out your mailbox rejects them. It takes a lot of time, and people are by nature lazy.
I am no exception 🙂

Could you have a look at this post, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/27261/worldcab-file-disc-4-not-readable/
download that file and install it as per instructions. See if that fixes anything. Its the quickest thing to do now.

As we can't really determine what exactly is missing (all default folders are there, and they each contain thousands of files, so we cannot really compare this), I can't think of a better way of fixing this then taking the WORLD folder as a starting point.

I can't upload much more for you at this moment, I don't have that much FTP space available I am afraid.

Austin11 Guest

Thanks,this is gonna take awhile but it might be worth it if it works

Austin11 Guest

Do I put that world.cab file in my world folder?Or do I unextract it?Cause i'm using extractnow (sorta better then winRAR) and I drag the file to extractnow screen and then it says it cant extract it cause its not a support archive...did i do it right by putting world.cab in my world folder?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Not familiar with that program ExtractNow so I cant really advise...but it comes down to this:

In the archive are two folders: Scenery and Texture.

The contents of everything inside Scenery should go in:
..\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\Scenery\

The contents of everything inside Texture should go in:
..\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\Texture\

If done right, if you use WinRAR, you can save the WORLD.CAB anywhere you like, open it, then choose "EXTRACT"

Set ..\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\ as the location you want to extract the files TO, and be sure to select the option "Use Folder Names", otherwise all the thousands of files will end up in the wrong location.

Austin11 Guest

So you are saying is,get winRAR,put that world.cab in my MAIN fs2004 folder and extract the files from world.cab into the main fs2004 folder?

Austin11 Guest

Oh I know how to extract without using extractnow,I highlight all the files in world.cab and right click then click extract to the place you want to extract it to,so 1 more question,extract those files to the main Fs2004 folder?or extract them to some scenery folder?

Austin11 Guest

Oh I think i know some more,you can highlight ALL the texture files in the world.cab thing and then extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\texture

And do the same thing with the scenery files
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\scenery
And the texture files are:.bmp (I think)
And the scenery files are:.agn

So am I all correct with that?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

affirmative on the last post. Just don't use the "folder names" option in that case, or you will find another scenery\texture folder in your \world\texture\ folder.

But now it's getting confusing. Try what you last posted and see if the files end up in the right place.

Austin11 Guest

Not enough storage space to copy files [as in extracting the texture files to the texture folder in world] and I tried uninstalling my fs2004 millions of times and still wont work

Austin11 Guest

I uninstalled fs2004 for now,this thing is a pain in the butt

Austin11 Guest

I tried uninstalling and installing again,I still get the error about 65% into the installation process then it shows up with all these scenery errors,I hope I get a new harddrive soon,

Austin11 Guest

Fixed 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

willthethrill Guest

i have that same problem....it says another programming is accessing it and won't work....how did u fix urs?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...