I have noticed that in all the aircraft that use the FMC, it occurred to me that there is no button or quick reset of the FMC during flight. Is it normal to not have a quick release or panic button that would reset the FMC to a non-programmed state in case of severe problems with the control of the aircraft. I think it might be something I would like to have if I was placed in a serious condition where manual control had to take over immediately. Just a thought.
2 Answers
Auto-Pilot Disconnect.
To put it simply, the FMC just provides information for the AP system to use when it's on. Once the AP is disconnected, you have full control of the aircraft. Regardless of what the FMC displays.
Flyboy92
Hi Flyboy92... Thanks for the update on the FMC. I wasn't sure how FS9 handled the FMC/AP. Sometimes the aircraft in FS9 don't exactly follow the standard rules of the aircraft and how it is to function as compared to a real aircraft under real conditions.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer