FSX won't reinstall

pwb Guest

Hi guys

As I am a frequent flyer of FSX, I have expected a problem yesterday and I can't find any soloution to it....

I 've installed FSX on my external HD(1TB), but I had to format this HD yesterday, conclusion, all my files and the game is gone...
I wanted to reinstall FSX today, so I iserted disk1, as normal and the install help pop-up, but it could only choose between repair or uninstal.
When I choosed Repair, I got the Error 1303, and a error that he couldn't find the original installed filles of FSX(They are gone after the format of my extern HDD)
When I choosed Unistal, it said that it has not enough space to unistal and that it couldn't find the files....same story

I searched the web for it, but there are so many topics about everything and nothing....

Hope someone can help me...

Thanx!

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Installing it to an external H/D can be a pain.
The chances are that you have some hidden folders and or some entries in the registry.

This works for FSX also.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

Radar

pwb Guest

Thanx !

I'll try this....

Everything is deleted from my external HD and the document from y documents to, but it seems that it wo'nt work...

I'll try therse steps!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know how you do.
Good luck!

Radar

pwb Guest

I've spend half my day now on deleting everything as mentioned on that site, and i deleted everythind from the registry concerning FSX.

When I try to launch te setup.exe, it still gives me the repair/unistall screen...

Mad

pwb Guest

I've tried to install it in the safe reboot of my laptop but doesn't work either...

I was thinking, shouldn't it work if I format my C disk?
In that case everything will be gone?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you reinstall Windows, yes that seems to be the best way left for you.

Radar

pwb Guest

How do you do that?

I recently installed Windows 8 with the download...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Reinstall it, I hope you burned it to disk.
That way you start out with a new fresh clean version of Windows.

As you have it now, some folder or registry entry remains thats why it won't install, the disk #1 thinks that the entire Sim is on the machine so it won't reinstall.

Radar

pwb Guest

and if I havn't burned it on a disk?
😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you still have it do it or you just wasted money for 1 use.
Reinstall it (if you still have it) like you did the first time.
I didn't want W8 (more for phone or tablet), I stayed with W7 so I can't help with information about a OS not on disk or on the h/d like most computer companies do.

Radar

pwb Guest

Ok, I'll check and ask my best frend google 😀

Thanx anyway!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Best bet, you should burn it to disk (ISO) so you'll have a backup copy.

http://www.intowindows.com/download-windows-8-iso-from-microsoft-using-product-key/

Radar

pwb Guest

Oké, thanx, i've just installed it onto my laptop and i'll try to reinstal in directly, without use of documents....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hope it works now.

Radar

pwb Guest

So...

I've rebooted my computer by pressing Alt+F10 and went to the Factory settings.
By doing this everything I ever installed or did on my laptop was gone and I Reinstalled windows 8 using the upgrade assistent and your givven tool.
This worked without any problems and I putted Instal Disk 1 into my laptop and the great moment....
It installed without ANY problems!!

Thanks verry much!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Yes!

Now you have to Sim back, fresh and new.
Glad it all worked out.
Enjoy!

Radar

pwb Guest

Thanx mate!

Now sownload and install all my add-ons again...:p

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...