Reinstall MSFS: Won't Accept Used Serial

Modugno Guest

I installed MSFS 2022 via the original box, my HD crashed and when I attempt to reinstall it won't accept the already used serial/code.

How to recover access?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Modugno,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with the reinstallation of MSFS 2020 after your hard drive crash. In situations like these, it's essential to follow the appropriate steps to recover access to your flight simulator. Let me guide you through the process.

1. First, ensure that you're signed in with the correct Microsoft account (i.e., the one you initially used to activate your MSFS 2020). This step is crucial because your serial key is tied to your Microsoft account.
  2. If you're sure you're using the right account, but the problem persists, your next course of action would be to contact the Microsoft Support team. They have a dedicated support team for MSFS 2020, and they can assist you in recovering your serial key or providing you with a new one if necessary.
  3. It's also possible that your serial key has been temporarily locked due to multiple failed attempts to enter it during the reinstallation process. In this case, waiting for 24 hours before trying again might resolve the issue.

Before contacting Microsoft Support, I would recommend gathering some essential information to help expedite the process. This includes:

• Your original serial key (found on the box or within the purchase confirmation email).
  • The email address associated with your Microsoft account.
  • A description of the problem you're experiencing, including any error messages.
  • Proof of purchase, such as a receipt or order confirmation.

By providing this information upfront, you can help the support team understand your situation better and, in turn, provide a quicker resolution to your issue.

I hope this information helps you recover access to your MSFS 2020 installation. If you have any further questions or need more assistance, feel free to ask.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...