PMDG MD-11 and ILS

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have been trying to land at KEDW on runway 22 using the PMDG MD-11 and an ILS frequency of 110.10, however, the PMDG MD-11 does not pick it up automatically. The PMDG-MD-11 does however pick up the VOR frequency of 116.40. However, the PMDG 747-400 does lock to the ILS frequency of 110.10 and the VOR of 116.40 as well. I have checked the airport with the AFX program and the green feather and all properties are present. The fact that the PMDG 747-400 picks up both VOR and ILS frequency at runway 22 for KEDW tells me that the frequencies are correct and are working properly and should be picked up by the PMDG MD-11 as well but they are not. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem using the above airport and the PMDG MD-11.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have been searching for this problem for a long time and finally found the answer after going through the multitude of manuals for the PMDG MD-11. It does't say it it outright but reading between the lines I found that if you generate a flight plan manually and then merely use the waypoints for the flight, the MD-11 will never pickup the ILS frequency for an autoland approach. However, if you generate a flight plan and use a STAR approach, then the system will indeed pickup the ILS frequency automatically and will proceed for an automatic landing. The PMDG 747-400 is totally different in it's ability to pickup the ILS frequency as it makes no difference if you use a STAR approach or not it will always pickup the ILS frequency for whatever runway you are approaching according to your flight plan.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...