When flying the PMDG MD-11 using the FMC, I find that the MD-11 FMC requests lowering the landing gear when you at 10 to 20 miles from the airport. I wonder if they are using the landing gear as a spoiler type tool or is there some other reason I am not aware of? It seems the FMC is requesting lowering the landing gear far too soon. The PMDG MD-11 is one of the best aircraft for FSX that I have seen to date and easy to fly with a little bit of study.
1 Answers
Excellent designer, can't give an exact reason but he must have had one.
I would just follow his lead.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain