processor question, please help

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

Thanks for Reading This:
What is better for FSX, considering that it's so processor intense? An I7 4500u- 1.8 GHz, max 3.0 or an I5-2.5 GHz....I thought any I7 would be faster than an I5. I think I read somewhere that the number of cores aren't relevant for FSX. Just don't get it...

Will---
16GB
I7 4500u 1.8 GHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB GDDR5
1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Will-- this setup run at acceptable smooth steady frame rates??

I know you guys get sick of these questions, but please help me...
Thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It looks good.

When FSX came out it only used 1 core.
SP1 was a patch, then you load SP2 and that made FSX use all cores.
I found the best way of installing both patches was to buy The Acceleration Pack.
It contains both SP1 and SP2 and integrates it into the system flawlessly.
If you didn't buy FSX yet get the Gold version, it contains both disks.
Cheap on Amazon.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nicrej Trainee

I had to make this decision recently, I went for the i5 and overclocked it to 3.4ghz. I dropped in 12mb of ddr3 and a gtx 570. I get 20+Fps with the Ngx uk2000 scenery Rex and traffic. Looks really good. Just to add I have fsx installed on its own SSD drive.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

nicrej wrote:

I had to make this decision recently, I went for the i5 and overclocked it to 3.4ghz. I dropped in 12mb of ddr3 and a gtx 570. I get 20+Fps with the Ngx uk2000 scenery Rex and traffic. Looks really good. Just to add I have fsx installed on its own SSD drive.

Sounds good, I lock mine at 20fps too (FSX) FS9 has to be at 30fps.
Now go and enjoy a flight.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...