This am in the process of educating myself on the FMC. I'm hoping there is a way to turn on Autopilot without it. I set my IRS, and I have somehow configured the IRS to actually let me turn on Speed Hold, Approach Hold, Altitude Hold, but not any of the Autopilot buttons, it did once... but I have not been able to turn Autopilot on again. Any suggestions??? This is a last ditch effort to to try to fly this wonderful aircraft.
Thanks in advance for your help.
3 Answers
There are quite a few discussions about it here.
http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1341134253
Let us know how you do.

I have somehow gotten autopilot to work. Now the next step..I can't get the damn heading hold to work. What a suprise, everyone seems to have this problem too. If I can get this accomplished, I'll actually be able to fly this thing...
If they're having product problems keep pressing them for answers on their support forum.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain