install fx

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

I follow the instructions on the downloads.. make a separate file... copy the Aircraft to Airplanes, Gauges to gauges, effects to effects.. no matter what I do I end up with a plane with no color or interior... sometimes no skin at all... Very frustrated...

I have also modified the hidden files etc... Help please... Many thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No color, go to the graphics tab in the Sims menu and uncheck the DirectX box.
Parts of aircraft missing, your video card can't handle it, lower some of your slides especially autogen, shadows, clouds and AI.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

it worked... I knew it had to be simple Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

Well it worked for a bit... Flew a few planes.. logged off... Then logged back on... picked a plane... and pressed fly now... and then everything stops... the system stops working.... I reload and change the settings... re-click direct x... and it works again only without the paint.... errrr....

Ideas??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Leave DX unchecked.

If it's a laptop then you are pushing it way beyond what it was built for.
Keep some of the slides low, autogen low and shut off shadows and AI.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

8 gig Ram 1T hard drive....

Not a lap top..

Windows 8

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That amount of ram is good.

What about the CPU, power supply and video card.
If it's an integrated card then that's the reason you can't load too much on it, it's not made for gaming.
If it's a stand alone card you might be able to get a better one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dave (sardave) Trainee

Craziest thing... I went back and clicked direct x... All standard files work... I loaded a cessna cardinal... it worked... I loaded a huge file.. P180 it works... the other files I loaded earlier still have no paint... I am just going to delete them... I have no idea how to get them to work..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If most work, leave it alone.
Enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...