Best PC Platform for FS9/ X now that XP isn't available...

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I'm checking back in on this forum after a long hiatus. I'm also in the tedious process of rebuilding my Flight Sim (from the ground up with a new platform) after a 3-year long layoff (in other words, I haven't actually touched a sim in 3 years). I am aware that XP is obsolete, but all my FS9 and FSX sim stuff ran seemlessly on that platform! In addition, in recent times, I've been hearing about compatibility complaints from current simmers regarding issues with the newer platforms. I am concerned about this as I try to resurrect my setup.

Now that XP is totally out of the picture, what platform do simmers regard as the ideal (or most problem free) for FS9/ X? In addition, I am totally prepared to work with FSX, and discontinue FS9 if there is no suitable platform for the latter.

Thanks for your kind assistance...

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm running it on W7 without a problem and I know of others that are running it on W8.1.
We are using 64bit on both without a problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

I'm running it on W7 without a problem and I know of others that are running it on W8.1.
We are using 64bit on both without a problem.

Radar

Thanks for the kind reply RadarMan. Are you guys running both FS9 and FSX on W7 and W8.1?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm just running FSX as for my friend I believe he's running FSX also.

I don't know what OS some of the others are using for FS9, they like it because of all the software that is available now and the computers of today can run it full out-maxed.

Besides on XP, I also ran FSX on Vista and W7.
I will upgrade to W10 bypassing W8 when it comes out about this October.

You can see how old (but sufficient for FSX) my computer is, posted here in Hardware.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/35696/my-new-rig/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Thanks RadarMan!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...