USA Roads for FS9 Now Available!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

USA Roads for FS9 Now Available!

It's only available at the present time for download, huge even for broadband. 321mb
I have the time and the speed but as with Ultimate Traffic, I like to buy on CD. That will be out "shortly" as they put it. They figure another few weeks for it.
It looks fantastic!

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=roads001 the product.

http://www.flight1software.com/showcase/USARoads/ Info and screen shots.

$29.95 Download-$34.95 CD.

No I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just excited to see that it is ready.

Radar

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Doh! Am I the only one that thinks this is a great add-on and is going to buy it. Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded it yesterday. It took about 35 minutes. I then took off from the Greater Rochester International Airport. (yes, the name is longer than the runway) and followed the very roads I would drive on to get home to my street, which is a dead wnd about a 1/4 mile long.
This program is fantastic!!! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

It sounds like a dream carried out.
I just wondering how does it works.:
Is the 3D generator is still working?
Is other 3 party adds on effective?
How the scenery soft whereas are effected?
Can some body explain to me ?(Mike …Can you check ?)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,

This link is to their forum, all of these questions have been asked and answered.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19

Radar

Thanks again RadarMan
I just wondering how they gusted all my questions time ahead

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

it's the internet man............they know everything 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jelami wrote:

it's the internet man............they know everything 🙄

Funny that you should say that, I've always said that we have the worlds greatest research library at our fingertips.
I've been on it around 9 years now and the information that I can find never ceases to amaze me. Yes

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

OK, first off, I am still thrilled with my USA roads. I do have a concern though, it has sucked my FPS way down. If I am near a busy airport like Kennedy in NY, I am down to about 8 frames per sec. Other areas that are less populated, I am running 25-35 FPS. before I installed this I was at 50+ most of the time. I run everything wide open, I want to enjoy the whole experience.
I have a AMD athalon 2.4 with 1gig of RAM and a NVIDIA 5600 with 256meg of video ram on board. rev 5.21.6
I just reformated and reloaded everything, so I know I do not have the most up to date driver, because windows is recomending an older driver and I thought I would try it. the latest rev is 56.72
I am about to install it and see if there is an improvement.

I just felt like I should let people know that this is a memory hog, and you should prepare for it.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Follow up
I just installed the new drivers, and took off from Kennnedy. My FPs ranged from 5.4 to 22.5, the average was 9-10fps. I should add that I have UT and a tighter USA mesh than the out of the box.
I still really like the USA roads add on.......but that might be just because my road is on there. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...