Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

AI Carriers problem?

guest 100 Guest

Hi, I have downloaded AI Carriers2 and Javier Fernandez's Nimitz and Eisenhower version 2 about a year ago and had nothing but long, wonderful hours of simming heaven. I wish to thank them for their excellent work. Smile About 2 weeks ago I installed Abacus's Flight Deck 5 because, I will admit, for some of the aircraft that it has...the E-2 Hawkeye, C-2 Greyhound, S-3 Viking in specific. (I have not been able to locate any 1st party companies, 2nd or 3rd partys that have made these aircrafts for FSX) I then removed the desired aircrafts from simobjects-airplanes folder, (E-2, C-2, S-3) placed them safe in a folder in documents, then un-installed Flight Deck 5. I then fired up FSX and then when I went to go place the carrier...nothing happened. The interface did not show up (I usually use shift-j) The carriers also did not show up using the in flight menu. Thinking that maybe un-installing and then re-installing AI Carriers2 would fix the problem, I went to un-install AI Carriers and in doing so got the flag message: AU_.exe has stopped working. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Windows did not give a solution. Seeing that AI Carriers seemed to be un-installed, because I did not see it in the list of installed programs, I then tried to re-install it. I got the flag message: Setup.exe has stopped working. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Again no solution. I then checked the install to see if it was actually installed, usually it is located at local disc (CSmile - Program Files (x86) and all seems to be fine. For some reason I am un-able to bring up AI Carriers2 interface (shift-j) to place carriers in FSX while I am playing it. Is there anyone that may have any suggestions? I would be very appreciated, thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Usually you have to completely uninstall (Clean out) an old add-on to reinstall it again.
Any folder or entry in the registry will prevent you from reloading it.

Try the free version of this http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html and then see if you can load it anew.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

guest 100 Guest

Hi, I have a copy of the free version of Revo un-installer already (when I had to un-install FSX from an earlier time). I used it on AI Carriers and it un-installed it cleanly....there did not seem to be any hidden files on my computer that the AI Carriers un-install exe left behind. Revo un-installer did not seem to find any hidden AI Carriers files. I even used Revo un-installers most advanced level of un-installing programs. So, thinking that all was now good, I installed AI Carriers as usual and I ran into the same flag message as before....Setup.exe has stopped working... etc. Again, it seemed to install like it should...at C: -> Program Files (x86) I am at odds on what could be giving me the flag messages Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad it didn't do the job
I would contact them and see what they can do.
I'm sure that they they have run into this problem before.

http://www.abacuspub.com/contacts

Radar