Boeing Callouts for FSX

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have downloaded the Boeing Callouts for FSX and they work fine with one exception. The system will callout all altitudes with the exception of 400, 300 and 200 feet. I have looked at the files and the callout altitudes are there but for the life of me I cannot get these 3 altitude callouts to work. I have tried editing the 3 text files, one in the panel.cfg and the other two in the sound.ini with no luck. I have installed the callouts in the F-14D Tomcat running in FSX. Anyone having any ideas or help would be appreciated. I am using a 2D panel by the way and using the smalljets for the gauges.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... Thanks for the link, however, no matter what I do the file downloads in Russian even though I have English selected. Cockpit trouble perhaps...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... Many thanks for the listed site for the callouts. I have since been working on the reason for the problem in the Boeing Callouts and have been in touch with the author of the original article. He has given me an update and I have tested it on the F-14D for FSX and it works perfectly with reading from 2500, 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30,20 and 10 feet. I am going to put the update which is a zip/rar file on the forum for those with the same problem of the Boeing Callouts for FSX as I know there are numerous people who have tried this program only to run into the same problem I did. Many thanks for your kind help and timely responses.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That was a great idea, contacting the designer.
They are usually quite helpful.
Thank you for preparing to make it available to all of us.
I'm sure Flyaway will add it to our downloads.
It would make my life easier, it was a tough one to find...in English 😂

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... Before I screw things up, I am not sure how to attach the zip/rar files to a new topic. It seems I ask more questions than post topics with attached files. I want to be sure so as not to put things in the forum that are incomplete or not accurate or missing some parts of a file. Your help is appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact them here, they will be able to help you.

Executive Director
RyanBarclay@flyawaysimulation.com

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... I sent an email to that address but it came back for whatever reason as undeliverable. Perhaps if I sent you the files and you could post it or something like that. It must be simple as I see all kinds of people sending the same type of files and pictures. Anyway many thanks for the link.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just upload it to this and give me the link.
I'll give it to Flyaway.

https://www.sendspace.com/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... I have created an account with SendSpace and sent the information to them which is in my account. Now how do I get this information to you from my SendSpace account? It says share with but I have no address to send it to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just post the download link here or in a PM.

Like this.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/52f0ca

Just hit browse, find the zip you want to upload and then upload it.
Forget about emails or registering, it's free.
Then it will take you to the upload link like you see up there.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... Well I think I got it all worked out. Here are the links for the files

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cffugd
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2kjmc
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jxv0j8

So give it a try and lets hope I did things correct.

Thanks for the info

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The first and third worked, the second did not.

It would have been easier for both of us if you had zipped all three in one folder.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... Sorry about that, guess old age is creeping up faster than I thought. Here is the file zipped up as you requested. I hope this works.....

https://www.sendspace.com/file/foez0s

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sounds and looks great.
Thank you very much, I'll pass this on to Flyaway and he can make it one of our downloads.

😂 I'm afraid old age catches up to all of us, I know it has with me...now back to my nap 🙄 .

Radar

Indianajones Guest

Hey, so I was looking into downloading the gpws callouts for fsx and I was wondering does anyone know if there is one specifically that works on almost any aircraft? I wanted to put it on the Lear 45, any help would be
Greatly appreciated!!!

zacj12 Guest

i will like to fly arund to word in a boeing 737 my pc its to old to hold fs 2020 so i have micsosft flight simultor x

zacj12 Guest

i will love to download the boeing altitude callout 

jasreljack Guest

i will like to have to boeing altitude callout plz

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...