Add Altitude Callouts to Any Aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I found this just out today, I haven't had a chance to try it out.

Easily Add Altitude Callouts to Any Aircraft
File Description:
Hear altitude callouts - (from your trusty co-pilot) - at 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 feet above the runway. This can be easily done to virtually any aircraft. You may already have the necessary FPDA sound and gauge files but if not, they are included. Just unzip to a temporary directory (using folders option) and follow the very simple instructions, Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall. For FS2004 only.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2643/easily-add-altitude-callouts-to-any-aircraft/

altitude_callout.zip

Radar

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest

Thanks RadarMan, useful download. I'm trying it now 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sorry that was me above, forgot to sign in Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

lol "Opa" is GrandPa in German!

FEM - "More useful everyday"

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks RadarMan. I have been using pmSounds until now. It is REALLY good with all the cockpit/GPWS calls. I have downloaded the one that you suggested.
I'll give'r a go.
😀

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

I tryed to down load that file it never ask me where I want to download it to. It looks like it downloading but I can never find where its at.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

roadster123 wrote:

I tryed to down load that file it never ask me where I want to download it to. It looks like it downloading but I can never find where its at.

Feed altitude_callout.zip into/start/ search on your computer or just altitude and you can find it.
Then drag it onto your desktop and open it there.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

thanks for the help Radarman still cant find it. tryed to download it agin and the hour glass just runs and never ask me where I want to put it in went in and did search no file. Ive tried to download from them before and it does this everytime.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

roadster,
Download Firefox but don't make it your "Default" browser.
Only use it when you want to download something from a "troublesome" site.
Let us know how you do.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

Well I went to my other computer and went to avsim and downloaded it and it did just what it was suppose to do. Then e-mailed it to this computer and detacted the file. I must have something blocked somewhere. Thats the only site that seems to give me a problem. Now come the BIG thing Me trying to change something in a file like the instructions say. Do want to thank you for all your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, that's being resourceful! 👏 Back door, I like that!

Now you have to keep downloading it until you figure out where it's going, if anywhere.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

This work with FSUIPC?

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't think so, here are the installation instructions.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Altitude callouts (by your trusty co-pilot) at 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 feet above the runway.

You may already have the sound (.wav) files and you may already have the single gauge file.

Gauge and .wav files by FPDA.

Copy and paste the 9 .wav files to your sound directory.

Copy and paste the fpda_boeing_callout.gau to your gauges directory.

NOTE: You may already have these items - probably from the installation of another aircraft.

Then simply open the panel.cfg file of the aircraft you wish to enhance with altitude callouts.

Insert the following line (replace the xx with the next available gauge number) in the appropriate spot.

gaugeXX=FPDA_Boeing_Callout, 10, 100

See Panel.cfg info.txt for an example using the default b737-400 panel.

The next time you land that aircraft, your co-pilot will keep you posted on the altitude!

This will work in virtually any panel for any aircraft.

NOTE: FPDA also has a set of sound files and gauges for the Airbus - check your sound and gauge directories.

If you are using an AIRBUS panel, you will have to alter any reference to fpda_a320_callout.gau, and/or fpda_a330_callout.gau if you wish to try the boeing callout sound files.

I personally think the boeing wav files sound better.

Enjoy

Questions and/or constructive comments may be directed to

opaflightsimaddict@verizon.net

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

THis is a very useful addon. I know that some of the addon downloads have that file already on them.

Is anyone else finding that when you use it in the default 777, the 20-feet call-out is given just as your touching down? Can anything be done to fix this?

Paul R Guest

I have the same problem with the 777.

ndstune Guest

I guess it's given in cockpit altitude, which maight actually be 20ft at touchdown...

Paul R Guest

Isn't there any way to make the touchdown occur at 0 ft ? Some messing with the files, I don't know. I noticed it happens also with the (POSKY) 747.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...