FS9 facing matters with Windows 10

Pro Member Trainee
Andrea Brezzi (viola) Trainee

Hi to everybody!

I am facing matters to run FS9 with Windows 10 (I updated last end of December). Despite I run as Administrator, the program doesn't start (I had the same issue the last months I had Windows 7). I have no any error msg, simply the game abort immediately.
Reading this forum, I downloaded the file FS9 1 nocd but, again, I have troubles to install, an error msg appear. I have the screenshot of the error msg, but I don't know how to attach here.

Thank you for any help received!!

Ciao from Florence, Italy

Andrea

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try deleting your fs9.cfg file (drag to desktop) and letting Flight Simulator create a new one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

If I understood well, I have to go into FS9 folder, select FS9.cfg file and drag to desktop? Then how can I have to act to make FS9 create a new one?

Sorry, I am not so familar with this aspects.

tks a lot!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put "old" (no quotes) after cfg so FS9 won't recognize it.

Then start FS9 and it will build a new one automatically to replace the missing one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Sorry, where I can find the file fs9.cfg? I didn't find it. Is it the fs9.exe?

Tks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

viola wrote:

Sorry, where I can find the file fs9.cfg? I didn't find it. Is it the fs9.exe?

Tks.

No it isn't.

Read this but don't update your FS9 from 9.0 to 9.1 because you added the 9.0 crack not the 9.1 crack I believe.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/837195

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

I followed all instruction after I found the fs9.CFG... But no results... The program doesn't load. Any conflict with firewall, compatibility w windows 10, directx? I didn't update too. What do you think to uninstall and install again can it work?
Thank you

Pro Member Trainee

I checked directX, it works properly, version 11.2

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

viola wrote:

I followed all instruction after I found the fs9.CFG... But no results... The program doesn't load. Any conflict with firewall, compatibility w windows 10, directx? I didn't update too. What do you think to uninstall and install again can it work?
Thank you

Good idea.
Follow these directions to get rid of every last drop so it doesn't happen again.
Cleaning the registry is very important.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888846

If you want, use this, I never have but have heard very good things about it. Use the free version, scroll down.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Hi, me again.

After unistall using Revo unistaller, and installed again FS9, unfortunately the program has the same issue: it doesn't load at all... so frustrating (I start it as Administrator).

Any other solutions or actions can I do?

TKS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tell us the exact error message please.

Radar

Are you using the nocd? Install it. To install you just copy it to the main fs9 folder. You will be asked if you want to replace fs9.exe say yes.

Pro Member Trainee

Hi,

I haven t any error message. Simply the program loads for a second then stops.
No I am not using nocd. I will install tonite my time and i will follow yr instructions.

Tks for yr support.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If that doesn't work I found this elsewhere.

You may try to rename the Logbook.bin file. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start.

b. Click My Documents or Documents.

c. Double-click the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files folder to open it.

d. Right-click the Logbook.bin file, and then click Rename.

e. Rename the file to Logbook.OLD, and then press ENTER.

f. Start Flight Simulator X to create a new Logbook file.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

FINALLY!!!

After I have installed the nocd, the FS9 back to life!! Thanks a million for all help (and patience) you provided me!

Now I have to install again all the add on I have but it will be so nice to do so! 😉

FS 2004 forever!

Keep in touch!

Ciao!

Great news viola!

Long live FS2004!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...