Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Dovetail Games Flight Simulator: What do you want to see?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hughjthompson

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:37 pm 

Re new Dovetail Games Flight Sim. An end to the dreaded OMM (Out of Virtual Memory) messages. The problem can't always be with an indivdiuals PC system and it's spec, surely something can be done with the programming code.

Also backwards compatability with all FSX aircraft and scenery products.
flyingrailman@sky.com

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:51 pm 

Very Happy I would like to see in the new flight sim proper and accurate Air Traffic Control, the Atc in Fsx was non factual as an ex Airtrafficer I was amazed that it was so bad, even at height airliners were calling airfields for transit through their zones, this did not happen, in uk we have such a thing called Upper Air Control of airways. So let the designers get the ATC side if sims at least something near to how it all happens.
The other thing was that lacking was the aircraft walkround to check everything was in the right place not just a case of kicking the tyres and going.
Here's to a new sim on the block.
Regards Nick Lewis Ex RAF ATC & Railway Signaller.
Paul Adams

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:34 pm 

I would like to see people inside cabins and out.
Also more realistic looking roads and bridges, as they normally look quite fake.
Also easy download of any additional scenery or aircraft as this can be troublesome at the best of times.
Chris Steele

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:37 pm 

1.The VR ie the visual representation of earth really is lacking it needs updating STAT. My suggestion is FSX partner with Google Maps who have a much better representation of the world via satellite.
2. The VORs and NDB and Waypoints are WAAAAAAY out of date. There needs to be an update to them STAT.
3. The SIDS and STARS are also WAAAY out of date and most new approaches are absent esp in local airports.
4. Finally but certainly not last. The Garmin 1000 that comes pre-programmed with the Cesna 142/152 is a joke. Nearly all of the buttons do not work. It can't be programmed to select and approach, the maps can not be updated, the menu for things like Top up/Magnetic Up does not work. I could go on forever. It's loong over due for an update. Ps. I presently use the G1000 add on from mindstar, but I have had nothing but bad service ever since I purchased it.
Charles Chammartin

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:44 pm 

1. keep the frame rate as high as possible
2. Add as many add-ons and sceneries directly downloadable from you store inclusive their updates
3. cooperate closely with the people who have extended so much the possibilities of FSX: FSUIPC, TacPack, Orbix, FSCommander, FSRecorder.
4. Find a way to update the navigations databank with the help of Navigraph
5. Give us multiligual simulator !

Good luck we are looking forward to your new baby.

Salutations.
Charles Chammartin
WingedGeezer
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm 

Yay...A bigger and better FSX. BUT :Please consider a method of retaining as many of the many-many addons that exist for the current FSX Steam versions. Perhaps a compatibility utility or a compatibility generator to 'fix' older software. I understand the difficulties involved but consider the advantages of avoiding having old holdouts who don't want to abandon some to the features that the old enhancements provide.
Russ Goodridge

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:43 pm 

A simulator that runs smoothly along with incorporating ALL systems. DCS (Digital Combat Simulations) has an extremely fast and accurate combat simulator that runs all systems in the aircraft, A-10 Warthog. If this can indeed be implemented into this sim it would be well worth my time to use it for recurrent training, or just sightseeing.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:00 pm 

Standardize system, default aircraft package include carrier with matching fighter and helicopter set up ready to go.Fighter and copter panel have a/p with speed dial setting, gps, radio operate much like the passenger jets do. All aircraft panels include gps, a/p speed control, radio.When you down load package it should have state of the art, scenery, airports, airplanes, helicopters, carriers, if possible?Make the entire experience as close to real life as possible. Eliminate the need to do add on's and a/p's I usually fly couple large passenger jets, small jet, fighter, large helicopter and very seldom fly the other stuff.My personal experience with fsx world is, the downloading and installing of different aircraft and stuff is much more difficult than flying the planes and takes much too much time. I prefer to spend time flying aircraft not on installing, changing file, etc. Some downloads are like a puzzle with a few pieces missing others tell you exactly how and it goes smoothly. George
p.s f16 with gps, a/p, radio, have best cockpit visibility and is most user friendly for a good take off and landing experience
D4VEH

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:19 pm 

Better graphics and flight dynamics and backwards compatibility with everything I have bought from numerous add on providers!

More realistic airport environment would be great too.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:01 pm 

- bugs free
- 64 bit
- ability to easily transfer all the add-ons from the current FSX
- better environment at airports, such as passengers boarding the plane (most can be done with GSX but I'd like to see actual passengers boarding the plane)
- Realistic crashes, example if ditch in the water for emergency or if you crash during landing etc..
- Ability to shot and destroy if flying with a military airplane, would be good to have separate military mission etc..
- Cabin crew intercom system to passengers and cockpit, this makes flying even more realistic
- Speed up the loading time.. for example, if you load a particular scenery the first time, don't see why I have to wait the same time loading it again on my next flight..
- Realistic coast lines, including beaches, resorts etc... But I guess that's what ORBX is for !
- Realistic ATC and emergency procedures
- SIDs and STARs for all airports and ability to update the latest info for free.. I don't see why I have to pay for that !
- Improve on the Eye-Candy (streets, cars, lights, traffic lights, waves, thunderstorms, snow, rain etc...)
- Improve shadow inside the cockpit, such that when turning the plane you can see the sunshine moving around the cockpit

And everything else everyone else said....

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:55 pm 

I would love to see realism as much as possible . Games cgi seem to be more sophisticated than anything in the flight sim field. I understand sims need to be global which makes it difficult for the makers but I would like to see more realistic areas. really complicated flight dynamics are for the officianados of the sim worlds but some of us would just like to fly and for a simplified price as well.
Hubert92

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 am 

Please, make sur that you next FS use corretly multi-core CPU and DX12 in order to improve the scenes.
And put short-cut button on the screen for the most used functions, instead of using menu-submenu.
And more detailled and realistic ground view without buying expensive add-on.
regards.
Fred Dye

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:04 pm 

What I would like to see different that Microsoft FSX - easy, no more OOMs

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:39 pm 

PROVIDE THE PROPER SDK"S

compatible to all previous FSX releases without reworking them

Partnering up with ORBX and others is Great BUT they better have a proper "UNINSTALL" package (Orbx files deleted your files and scrapped my whole Steam setup)

Provide optional DISC -- a 6 hour download is the height of STUPIDITY - run disc - setup - and go with fresh install has to be a priority.
Shopdog1960

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:17 pm 

How bout a copilot you can actually see and have them help out. Also, passengers in the planes and airports. GSX has a good thing going with bringing passengers by bus to plane but I would like to see them exit bus and enter plane. Tired of flying alone!!
Flyingant

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:51 pm 

I hope that DTG will address the poor low contrast shadow effects inherent in FSX. Prepar 3D has made a significant improvement in this area including cloud cast ground shadows,hopefully Flight Simulator 2016 will include these graphical improvements. The slow jittery playback mode available in FSX also needs to be improved. Very Happy
Stephen Borick

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 pm 

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the arrogant guy over at Next Generation Flight Simulator who believes that the next generation of flight simulations have to be based upon new up-to-date technologies, rather than attempting to take old tech and bandage it to look sorta new.

The attempt here is not to hi-jack this thread regarding DTFS, but to advise those who are interested that posting your ideas for what you'd like to see in the new DTFS is perhaps a bit redundant at this stage of the process.

In the exercise of designing, or in this case... re-designing, an engine to accept feature sets, a date comes along called a "freeze date" or in other words, no more additional features for the proposed release from this date forward. The reason for this is due to an item called a schedule and to keep adding more items to the already proposed list of items beyond a "freeze date" would only serve to prolong the release. Since DTFS is scheduled for a 2016 release, you can bet that "freeze date" has come and gone.

If DTFS is actually paying attention to the community (which I hope they are) they'll take your suggestions and if they're not already in the current design, file them away for a future release.

I'm personally pulling for DTFS and more so for DT Flight School. Any attempt to pump new blood into the world of virtual flight and prolong a hobby that so many of us enjoy, I'm in favor of.

One thing to keep in mind though is the limitations of the binding core of the engine in use. I'm not going to go into details, but an example will suffice. Those of you who are Falcon fans will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Falcon BMS a very significant mod of the original Falcon is a real beauty to behold, especially in light of the original. What's important to understand is that the basis of BMS was a very good flight dynamics and military engagement system already in place... which is the very reason why Falcon is still viable today. Without this core, it's doubful that BMS would have been able to have the following that it enjoys. In addition to bug fixes and tweaks, the BMS team has done a remarkable job with the original graphics engine...the differences from the original are indeed significant, especially in light of the limitations. However, BMS is reaching the extent of those limitations and as it stands will never obtain the level of AAA graphics as they are known today.

The FSX engine has it's own limitations, it's just the nature of the beast and how it utilizes tiles and textures. There have of course been some very significant breakthroughs that allow for real world data to be employed, i.e. satellite imagery, Open Street Map data, etc. etc., but... the core engine (which has some code dating back to the 90's) wasn't designed to manage such extensive data at an efficient rate of processing in order for you to fly virtually with all the today expectations of physics and graphics.

A new, more robust, more modern methodologies needs to be employed in order to obtain the fidelity that is possible with today's software and hardware.

As I said, I'm rooting for Dovetail Games... I fully expect Flight School, especially in light of the information that is out there about Flight School, to fulfill a much needed aspect of all those who are interested in learning more than they already know regarding flight, especially for newcomers, who look at the sophisticated elements that go way beyond GTV Flightschool, and find a reasonable path to becoming proficient in actual flight techniques accessible.

But to expect any simulator based upon old tech to fulfill the wants, desires and needs of a community that has outgrown the physics and graphics capabilities of yesteryear... one only needs to look elsewhere to see the results after several years of re-development.

[/i]

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:55 am 

I want to have a 64 bit version with multi core CPU support unconditionally. Better landscape textures (see Google Maps), multi-display support and the support of the new DirectX versions are also important base requirements for an up-to-date SW.

Additionally, I suggest to add the following enhancements:

- Open and enhance the internal interfaces of FSX for the "normal user" without the necessity to download and pay for different add-on software packages. For example, I want to have built-in support to modify the existing airplanes and to create new airplanes (including 3D modeling, textures, cockpit istruments, physical behavoiur) and modify/add airports, buildings and change the landscape for experimenting and on-line file sharing purpuses. Document them well inside the SW. Create different releases of the SW if it is necessary: a base version for flying only, and an enhanced version which includes all these extras. I will buy that with extras, if they are well integrated.

- Enhance the built-in training/help system to support the learning process for all built-in airplanes. What are the different cockpit switches and instruments for? Explain all them in details. How to start and land an Airbus or a Boeing 737, 747? How to navigate? How to use the autopilot and the ILS? There are a lot of external online resources and books to explain all these issues. The most important parts of them should consistently be integrated into the new SW.

- Open the help/training API to make user enhancements of them well documented and easily accessible. Using this API the FSX community can incredible improve the content of the internal help/training material.

- Please take care of users with non-US keyboard too: the keyboard mapping should not be fixed to US in the help/training material.

- Add people, more airplane and vehicle traffic to the airports to better simulate the real environment.
Mario oliveira

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:58 am 

Have a look at GTA 5 and battlefield 4 graphics on a good gaming pc then then new flight Sim has to match the graphics of those games no matter what , it is possible , if dice and Rockstar could do it , dovetail can too those games has the same 3d simulation or even more then any flight Sim ever builded ,water,mountains,buildings , clouds alot of moving objects and still my pc runs it on ultra resolution at 144 fps solid ,make the new flight Sim SLI multi gpu friendly and like every expensive video editor software make gpu do the processor job do that dovetail gpu in sli needs to help the processor to run the game at its full awesome power
Sli multi gpu friendly

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 am 

Have a look at GTA 5 and battlefield 4 graphics on a good gaming pc then then new flight Sim has to match the graphics of those games no matter what , it is possible , if dice and Rockstar could do it , dovetail can too those games has the same 3d simulation or even more then any flight Sim ever builded ,water,mountains,buildings , clouds alot of moving objects and still my pc runs it on ultra resolution at 144 fps solid ,make the new flight Sim SLI multi gpu friendly and like every expensive video editor software make gpu do the processor job do that dovetail gpu in sli needs to help the processor to run the game at its full awesome power
LTCSZ
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 pm 

Why not include a built in scenery editor that would allow users to place static objects into scenery? Shouldn't be too difficult; Maybe a partnership with one of the existing scenery editor companies? Thanks...
Steve Ziegler, RN
US Army Medical Department
LTC, (RET)
Tom McDiermon

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:21 pm 

HOW ABOUT A MAC VERSION??!!
I found that the world does not revolve around Microsoft.
CSSZiegler
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:02 pm 

New Flight Simulator should be FAA Certified Approved Level 3 AATD just like X-Plane and Prepar3D are.

Default graphics should be like ORBX FTX worldwide.

All addons that were ever created by people and developers should already integrated in so that there should be no need to download addons anymore due to costs. I don't carry if I have to pay more money for the core program. It's the addons that add up quickly.

There should be a cloud-based version of the program as well.

There should be mobile versions as well.

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:04 pm 

I would like to see some more real world Helipads like the one on the River Thames, also a bit more detail in some
of the difficult to land airports.
Graham White

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 am 

If I am going to buy updates, I want runways & taxiway changes in real life kept up to date. Else what am I really paying for long term?
steve tanner

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:52 pm 

i can echo all of the comments made. 64 bit a must if possible cross compatible add ons and i will volunteer to be a bet tester

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:18 pm 

- use of 64 bit technology of course
- potential to use VR headset so all buttons pressed effectively by hand just like the real thing
- ability to use existing FSX addons
- a good solution for AI traffic

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:36 am 

I would like to have the presence of a pilot/ copilot when flying from a 3D cockpit. It looks kinda weird to see an empty cockpit during flight. It could also be awesome if we could select among a range of male/ female crew.

Another thing I miss is the natural movement of clouds when hit by the propellers (general aviation).

Finally, the water drops running down the windshield, which could be seen being swept by the windscreen wiper.

Currently, we depend on the whim level that some publishers dedicate to their paywere aircrafts to have eycandies like these.
grofada

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:16 pm 

Please 2D panels, Missions and possibility of free scenery and aircrafts
lionlicker
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:03 am 

Avatar based where you can walk, jump, run in the simulation. Jump out of one aircraft, and enter/operate any other plane, train, boat, or automobile that happens to be nearby. Jump out of an aircraft mid flight and deploy parachute.

Strong single player target, where you don't have to be on the internet to enjoy the sim. Don't have to be on FaceBook or any social media to receive proper support.

Able to buy a proper box retail version - not have to download everything on internet. Not having to get another enormous update every second week - try to keep updates under moderation.

Keep all the present FSX features - - a good initial set of aircraft (and other craft), a good info and help library, a great training and lessons feature, great missions, a global map, good weather modeller, total freedom in free flight mode.

I prefer priority given to proper real life physics rather than over flashy graphics - but should be able to have both nowadays.

Might have to let go of previous add-on compatibility.