A question for "tomthetank". I am new to flight simulator x. I have read your imformation about downloading and installing airplanes and have followed them. My problem is, the downloaded plane shows up in c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\simobjects\airplanes but does not show up in flight simulator x. What am I doing wrong? I have tried it several times with no avail. I have downloaded several other airplanes with no problems but I am stuck on a few others that just won't install into flight simulator x even though they are in the c:\program files.... Please help! Thank you, dutchmen94.
2 Answers
Welcome to the Forums guys 🍻
You might have to wait a while for T_T_T -- he doesn't visit as frequently these days. Sooner or later word will get through to him though 😀
Some times these planes have zipped files inside the folders make sure all files are unzipped/ectracted and that it is not just a repaint!
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain