Editing the aircraft.cfg file

snmark Guest

The creator of the A330-300 for FSX Thomas Ruth, suggests to delete the two forward slashes (//) in the aircraft.cfg file to enable 'fly by wire' for this aircraft. I tried to do that, but was unable to as the required 'save as' did not allow the file to be saved. I suspect its to do with permissions put on that file by the author or creator. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? Thanks in anticipation.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My guess would be you have to do it as administrator but read this by Microsoft.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx

Radar

snmark Guest

Thanks, but the link was of no use whatsoever for resolving my problem. I am the administrator of the computer, but the file won't allow me to save any changes made I've made to it.
There must be a way of changing the permissions for the ' aircraft.cfg' file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you try right click and "save as administrator".

Radar

snmark Guest

It wont allow you to right click and choose 'open as administrator'. Is there any way of contacting the creator, Thomas Ruth? His suggestion in the PDF manual, that comes with the package, to change things is obviously wrong, so he needs to advise or change permissions for that file.
If someone from Fly Away can contact him and get him to contact me that would be great. In the mean time I cant use the 'fly by wire' facility!
I'm kind of glad I used the 'free' download version as I wouldn't be at all happy if I had paid a yearly subscription to 'Fly Away' for this to have happened.
Someone needs to act on this. There, I've had my moan for today, that feels much better!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here is where he lives.
Maybe you can contact him on a local forum in his country.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5559216

Radar

snmark Guest

Ok, so I have solved the editing problem by changing the file in the desktop and then copying and pasting it to the program folder. Duh! so easy.
But know I have another problem. The GPS has given up and is not working. I don't know whether the A330-300 has caused it or whether its an FSX problem. I will have to investigate and get back to you.

Thanks for your replies RadarMan, at least you tried to help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to see you solved it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...