Hello, I am running Window 7 Professional and am having an issue with engine sounds in Flight Simulator 2004. When loading the default aircraft which is a Cessna 172, all sounds including engines are working properly. However when I choose any other aircraft, no engine sounds are present. I have tried multiple re-installations to no avail. All sliders are where they should be in the settings. Oddly enough, I also run FSX, and all sounds on all aircraft work properly including engines. Thank you.
1 Answers
Make sure you sound card has "Audio effects" and "CMSS 3D Surround sound" turned off. For FS2004 only the basic setting works.
See if this does the job.

Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Chief Captain