Texture issue

Pro Member Trainee
jeff61059 Trainee

if there are any Texture Pro's out there.... My FSX:Steam seems to be missing a texture. All the "particle textures" i.e. smoke, waves, boat wakes, wingtip contrails, and "off runway" dust and tire debris have been replaced by black squares and ribbons. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. 🙂

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This might help.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18074/fsx-black-smoke-texture/

If not, uninstall all the add-ons that you have , drop in Disk #1 and choose repair.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jeff61059 Trainee

thanks for the help...the re-install fixed it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad it's working now.
Be careful what you add, some change the effects for the worse.

Radar

I noticed where you advised to insert disk 1 and hit repairs after un-installing add-ons. Do you mean only aircraft add-ons?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All add-ons can be over-written by the disk 1.
What you are doing is reinstalling the Sim, old overwrites anything it finds wrong.

Radar

Texture black smoke Guest

ok thank you. This will be quite a task because of a corrupt freeware download that came from FAS.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...