FSX is not able to Uninstall

Captain_Midway Guest

Hi,
I was really hoping someone could help me out here. I have the FSX Delux Edition with installed add-ons such as Acceleration and Just flight 737 - 800. About a week back I opened FSX after a month or two and realised the panels went blank. So now I want to uninstall it. But when I try, the wizard opens and half way through it disappears like it was never there. I have used Microsofts Uninstall tool but it too failed to succeed. I used the CD to uninstall but it too won't open due to an unknown error. I deleted the FSX folder from its default location after this and after all the effort when I open Control panel / Uninstall a Program, FSX was still there. Now just to inform you, I don't have the ability to factory reset the PC as there as some applications that can't be reinstalled on the PC. I really need a solution.
Regards

😞

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Captain_Midway Guest

Thanks, mate will try. I really need to uninstall it as the PC I am currently using is very slow and laggy for the game to function properly.
Regards

Captain_Midway Guest

Thanks tried it and it worked.
Regards

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear that.
Good luck with the new reinstall.

Radar

Edmeister Guest

I was having the same problem. I finally got it to uninstall, but then i could not get it to reinstall. I went to the
support link suggested by Radar Man. I actually got to talk to a live person. I told him the problem I was having
and he was very helpful. He took control of my computer, and spent three hours reloading FSX from my disks,
and he fixed the activation feature. If it had not been for this forum sharing ideas I probably still would not have
it running. Thanks Guys!

Edmeister
😀

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

The RevoUninstaller Radarman mentioned is very good. It can remove things that are stubborn and difficult by bypassing the manufacturers install/uninstall software. It also removes registry entries and keys for a proper uninstall.

Glad to hear you fixed your problem too Edmeister. It's great to hear that the forums are helping people - that's what they are for!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...