FS2004 no longer works

Agent Orange Guest

My copy of FS2004 had worked just fine as recently as last week, but it no longer works -- it starts up all right, but as soon as I load any flight at all it crashes for no apparent reason (sometimes while the flight is still loading, sometimes just after the flight starts). I've already tried reinstalling it, but it still crashes. The only changes I've made to my system between last week and now were routine antivirus/firewall updates and the installation of the Ad Remover from www.adremover.org. Do you think the Ad Remover has something to do with it? What should I do?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's very doubtful that installing that is the reason.

When you reinstall you have to search out every hidden folder and clean the registry.

Try uninstalling with this, then reboot and reinstall.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Agent Orange Guest

Thanks for the bad news 😞 Do I have to remove all the add-on aircraft and mission packs (Flight Ventures, Vietnam Carrier Ops, etc.) as well?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When setting up for a reinstall, everything has to be removed.
If not then whatever is causing the problem may still be there.
Many reinstall Windows and start of completely clean.
Think of it as a fresh start, you can add whatever you like...one at a time.

Radar

Agent Orange Guest

Darn, then this will have to wait until the weekend -- removing and reinstalling all these things will probably take all day. While at it, I think I'll also remove the ad blocker, just in case. Thanks!

Agent Orange Guest

Guess what -- that damned ad blocker WAS to blame after all! Because I uninstalled it today and ran FS2004, and it ran normally as if nothing happened! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Wonderful!
That saved you time and aggravation about loosing your add-ons.
Thank you for posting it, that will help others.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...