Hi, I tried to run msfs x recently and the engine sound when flying any plane was silent when flying from the left seat but when taking a spot view or outside view the sound was there. Upon looking at the file structure I found that the .air file foo every plane was reported as corrupted and that I should get new files from original author. How do I do that when Aces studio has long gone out of business. How do I get the file for the Cessna 172. 208, Extra sport plane, etc. Anybody able to help me out here?
Regards, Wayne
1 Answers
What did you do to corrupt the files? Did you install any new addons or software? Also, how do you know they are corrupted?
If it's only the default aircraft then you could possibly re-install FSX. Is this the disc version or the Steam Edition?
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Chief Captain