Crashing in Princess Juliana

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Dear Fellow Simmers,

would anyone happen to know the default file name for Princess Julianna airport( TNCM ) in the Scenery folder of FS9.I must have corrupted mine as when I approach to airport the program crashes and if I try to start from there I can't even get into program.I have back-up files so replacing is not a problem.I just ned to know the exact designation of the file itself.

For some strange reason the error report is identifying the following files:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Locals\Temp\WER2b85.dir00\fs9.exe.mdmp

and with the same path \appcompat.txt

Neither of these files exist on my system.I was mindful to ensure "view all files" enabled.

This is'nt a big prob,more like a little niggle but it would be nice to crack it.

Any advice would be most welcome.

regards

kevin

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Have you added any scenery in this area?

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Hi Tom,

only the Carrib_Nord zip which I have disabled in my Addon Scenery library.

regards

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 When you start up fs9,it creates a temp folder or minidump? and closes it when you close fs9,which is why you cant find it
(hit Alt+Del+Ctrl and look for a tmp process)

What about other airports,are you ok with them?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

😕 I don't think it's the scenery.The same thing happened with me when I downloaded the GMAX FAJS by Aeroworx [Johanesburg intl Airport].

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 I can only find 2 items about "fs9.exe.mdmp" on the web 😳

and one answer that worked can be found right here at Flyaway ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1963/helpre-installing-fs2004/

Try deleting the last flight as mentioned in the above post

The other scenery is fine,no probs.
I followed the link you suggested and deleted the last or previous flight in My Docs.It still crashed but interestingly there was only one error file is and its different.Same path but:

temp\a37d_appcompat.txt.

I have SP2 and DirectX 9.0c installed.

progress of sorts I suppose.

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Nearly there then Hack

I fear the appcompat.txt. problem is a bit more difficult and may not have anything to do with fs
A quick www.google.com of appcompat.txt come up with loads of differing advice from DirectX to a virus

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Scanned tonight (IS2005) all clear.I could re-install 9.0c but i doubt whether that could make a difference.Tom, are you sure replaceing the scenery BGL would'nt make a difference? In the meantime, do you think I should replace the "previous flight" files back into the My Docs folder?

So many questions.Sorry 'bout that Tom 😕

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Try it and see what happens Hack

I think I would try moving the lot,just to see what happens

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

😀 Nearly there then Hack

I fear the appcompat.txt. problem is a bit more difficult and may not have anything to do with fs
A quick www.google.com of appcompat.txt come up with loads of differing advice from DirectX to a virus

Appcompat.txt is an error file generated by the compatibility mode of Windows XP when a program crashes unexpectedly. XP then asks if you'd like to send the error to Microsoft, but if you click on the link that lets you look at the details it will indicate a path where the Appcompat.txt file is.

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

In order to do that I need the file name in the scenery folder that applies to Princess Julianna so I can replace with my own backup. With regard to Michin's comment,the path is exactly that in my first post up to and including temps.

Something has just struck me. I have read somewhere that there is often a conflict when addons are in a different language to the base language of the program. I recall installing a French scenery addon (by installer) for this area.The problem coincides with this. I uninstalled but the problem remained.Could this be the root?

I'll still need the file designation for the Princess Julianna scenery though. If someone knows it of course.

regards

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Ah,so it may have been this addon
Do you still have it in its uninstalled state,ie if it was a d/load did you keep the zip file?
If you did it may be easier to find

Open it up to a temp folder and have a look whats there,try and find what it replaces in the fs scenery folder

Or if you do have back ups just replace the whole fs scenery folder

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

I've been busy Tom. I dug out the original zip and tried to get the installer to dump files into temp folder so I could take a look.Curiously it was unable to do this and could only intall into FS9 ( always a bad sign,I hate installers!).Ran FS9 in TNCM and crash. Uninstalled and ran again.Crash. Found locations of TNCM files in scenery folder using search on startup menu and installed clean files overwritting.Crash.

It looks to me like its the end of the road with this one Crying or Very sad

But its not so important and in every other aspect the program is running AOK. As you say, the problem may not relate to FS9 at all. Anyway thanks for your help Tom.

rregards

kevin

😕 could you not fool the installer by creating a folder called flightsiMulator 9 or something? one variation of the spelling should fool it

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Alas that option is not available with this zip

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...