Poor FSX ground detail

Skittzo Guest

Is there an addon or a way to get higher resolution and detail on ground scenery? I currently just fly around Las Vegas while I get used to using FSX. The strip hotels look GREAT! However, once I leave the strip area the neighborhoods (houses etc.) look pretty flat, and most of the vegetation looks like dirt. Looks like a tornado went through and destroyed everything. I noticed the same thing when flying around other cities as well.

Btw, im using a GTX 1070 GPU and pretty sure my settings are set to max.

Thanks 🙂

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a combination of poor Microsoft scenery (desert around Las Vegas) and possibly a video card that isn't "strong" enough to render the autogen.
Get some add-on scenery and take a look at the age of your card.

Radar

Skittzo Guest

Thanks, RadarMan! My video card is brand new and one of the latest GTX cards available. I'll try to find some add-on scenery.

Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know how it works out.
We have quite a bit of download scenery-free.
We also have scenery packages on https://www.simshack.net/categories/fsx-scenery-47

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...