FS Shuts Down when approaching add-on airport

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,

I happens just randomly, usually when I approach add-on scenery airport when FS Shuts down:
(Message: Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 has stopped working, Windows is checking for the solution.....) Interestingly, it does not happen all the time? Sometimes, I can complete landing at this airport. Also the message mentions 9.0, I got 9.1 patch? Maybe some bgls are causing this? Can I identify those?

Any views would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Coming into an airport can be graphic intensive.
It might be too much for your video card, try lowering autogen, clouds and AI.
Shut off shadows.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks Radar Man,
I actually removed some surrounding trees from the subject airports and all seems OK now.
Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good move, that cuts down on autogen, less graphic intensive.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi, did some further research after I again experienced shut down in vicinity of another airport. It again had to do with add-on scenery, The reason was that one of the add-on airports close by called for changing the AP file in the Scenery/EURW. Unfortunately this changed few other airports in the vicinity and probably did not agree with the SRTM BGLs I had previously installed for this region and also some non airport scenery I had installed close by. The altitudes were probably confusing and FS could not deal with it. Removing this add-on airport and changing the Scenery/EURW airport file back to the default AP951140.BGL fixed the problem.

Also on initially mentioned Linate shut downs. I have actually noticed that I had two AP files (EFCADs) activated for LIMC airport causing the shut downs (previously thought it is the trees in airport vicinity, but not so). One EFCAD came with the add-on LIMC and second God knows from where. Removing one EFCAD fixed the problem. Smooth flights to Linate now.

I summary I think that these shut downs are mainly due to conflicting BGLs and probably not due to too much autogen, clouds or AI. Mainly if you have a strong Video Card which can handle these.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Now you took time and solved many problems with one fix, way to go.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...