FSX: Steam Landing Lights Switch Won't Stay On

Maureen. Caliendo Guest

I can't seem to engage my landing lights either 10M feet or on final. The switch flips down then up immediately. Any suggestions!!! Thx

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this, found elsewhere.

If you use 'landing-lights-gear' in your panel then they won't light unless the gear is down, if I remember it right.
So, you'd have to lower the gear and then switch on the lights.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
kato223 Trainee

I don't know if you found an answer for this, but this can be related to when you have the 3D Lights Redux installed into FSX-SE.

I have found that this might be a bug with the 3D LIghts Redux in its ability to detect whether the UC legs are up or down. So, I have found it is best to turn off its detection of the gear.

In your panel.cfg found in one of the aircraft folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes" find the line in the [VCockpit01] section that reads like "gauge29=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light" and change it to "gauge29=shockwave_lights!SW Lights, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light" removing the "_gear" part of the line.

Then you just have to remember to turn the landing lights on and off manually. Using Ctrl+L can make this easy.

Hope this helps!

shadower Guest

Hello,

Thank you so much, kato223!!

You saved my day and solved my problem with the 3D Lights Redux! 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...