Old Timer needs help/advice

Pro Member Trainee
Privyet Trainee

Hello guys, I'm just getting back into flight simulators. I go way back to Falcon 3.0 which ran in DOS. I have several basic questions which I'm sure have been answered somewhere, but answers could save me a lot of time experimenting. I currently have discs for FS2004 (which so far I have no had success getting to run on Windows 7 even using the patches here), FSX Gold Edition, and FSX Steam, FSW, and DCS 1.5.

1. I recently got FSX Gold. I uninstalled FSX Steam and then installed FSX 10 (Gold). I had to create my own shortcut even though I requested that one be created. It seems that all this does is reactivate the Steam edition.
Question: Is there any reason I can't have 3 versions of FSX installed at once - FS2004, FSX Gold, and FSX Steam.

2. What are the cons of having just FSX Steam? Do new aircraft still work with Steam version? Is Steam version equal or better to stand alone version?

3. What are the pros and cons of Lockheed's (I retired from there) PrePar3D?

4. I have a Ryzen 5 running at 4GHz with a GTX 1060 and 16gigs of 2400 memory. I think I can wait to upgrade video card to 1080 right? In other words, wait until I see I need it?

5. Should I invest in XPlane 11 to check it out? ( I heard you can't set up ILS approaches in XPlane)

6. Where is best place to get build drawings, specs, etc on contructing my own 'in home' cockpit?

Thanks in advance for any advice and answers. Steve

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Agent Orange Guest

Regarding Prepar3D: Pro -- best realism of all; con -- very expensive.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...