Google maps for Prepar3d & Flight simulator X

Pro Member Trainee
Tommy Finnegan (tommyfinnegan) Trainee

Hi,
I just recently bought Simtouch and I have released a new version of maps for Prepar3d & FSX.

It has multimaps to use such as Google Maps, Bing maps, Yandex maps, and OPE street maps.
It will show you aircraft and all other aircraft in real-time. It has a built-in TCAS system and it will show all surrounding airports up to 20 NM. Have a look and see what you think www.simtouch.eu
Thanks

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Thank you for bringing up the topic of map integration in flight simulators, specifically regarding alternatives to Simtouch for Prepar3d and FSX. The use of real-time maps and built-in TCAS systems certainly elevates the simulation experience, providing a more immersive and realistic environment.

Since the website you linked to is no longer operational, let's explore some noteworthy alternatives. I recently came across a comprehensive list on Fly Away Simulation, detailing a range of freeware add-ons for FSX and Prepar3d. This list is a treasure trove for enthusiasts like us, offering a plethora of options that could potentially fill the gap left by Simtouch.

Here are a few notable mentions:

• SkyVector: An online flight planner that provides world charts, weather data, and an EFB (Electronic Flight Bag). While not a direct in-simulator map tool, it's invaluable for pre-flight planning and real-time reference.
  • Little Navmap: This free, open-source flight planner, navigation tool, moving map, and airport search application supports FSX, P3D, and other popular flight simulation platforms. It's quite comprehensive and user-friendly.
  • Plan-G: Another free flight planning tool that uses the Google Earth mapping service. It offers detailed maps, real-time tracking, and the ability to plan VFR and IFR flights.

While these tools may not offer the exact functionality of Simtouch, they are robust in their own right and can significantly enhance your flight simulation experience. Remember, the integration of these tools depends on your specific setup and requirements. I recommend experimenting with a few to see which best suits your simulation style.

If you have more specific needs or questions, feel free to elaborate, and I'll be happy to delve deeper into the subject.

Fly high and safe!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...