changing max fuel on freeware aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
Sarah A (ke7zum) Trainee

I was trying to do a 1400 nm flight with a 747. Kept running out of fuel so I looked with ideal flight at the max fuel and saw it was about 6000 gallons. I know the real one has about 40 thousand gallons or something like that. I tried looking at the cfgs I have for the 747 planes but I don't see anything that talks about max fuel. I read on these forums already about how I can adjust what i need to, but how can I do this with out much of a headache? The weights look ok. I'm using freeware aircraft and want them to be close to real world as I can get it in terms of fuel. This might explain my problems Ive ben having for 6 months lol! I love flight siming except right now lol! Ben trying to do this flight for 3 days now. Lol! I am a year old newbie so be gentle. Hehahaha.

Blessings all.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Sarah A (ke7zum) Trainee

Thanks, except I tend to burn all of my fuel 2 hours into this 1500 nm flight and I don't on shorter runs. and I leave with the right amount of fuel according to ideal flight. I'm still at a loss as to what's going on. I should not be burning a thousand gallons an hour on take off and barely have enough for cruse. It's my AP causing the issue I think, or the freeware air craft I use which suck, aircraft, not ap.

The reason I use ideal flight as the payload dialogue is not that accessible with p3d, ok, the menus are not even readable by my screen reader. I should say I'm a visually impaired pilot so need to use different tools to get the job done. The article is interesting though, thanks so much for that. I will keep that in my list o sim links if ever I need to refer back to it.

I know this is a lot of information to take in, but I hope it helps a bit as to why I do what I have to do and what tools I use which are going to be slightly different than the sighted simmers. Cool eh?

Take care all and blessings.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...