I have found differing formats in freeware plane downloads in that some use DDS files while others use BMP. I can deal with the DDS conversions, but am finding it troubling when trying to do any personal use mods to the BMP files. Relative to formatting for FSX SE, what is it about these BMP texture files that is different than a "standard" 24 bit .bmp file causing my modified saves to not work?
2 Answers
OK. So I think I figured out that they are 32 bit BMP's. So if I use DXTBmp and save as Extended - DXT5, they ought to work - right?
In DTXBMP set PS as your editor, load up the bmp the do Image > send to editor
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →