BMP's vs DDS's

Joe Frederick Guest

I have found differing formats in freeware plane downloads in that some use DDS files while others use BMP. I can deal with the DDS conversions, but am finding it troubling when trying to do any personal use mods to the BMP files. Relative to formatting for FSX SE, what is it about these BMP texture files that is different than a "standard" 24 bit .bmp file causing my modified saves to not work?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Joe Frederick Guest

OK. So I think I figured out that they are 32 bit BMP's. So if I use DXTBmp and save as Extended - DXT5, they ought to work - right?

Enko Guest

In DTXBMP set PS as your editor, load up the bmp the do Image > send to editor

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...