Using FSX on different machines

Pro Member Trainee
Al (Al312) Trainee

Hello again. 

I have been using FSX Acceleration on a Windows 10 Home computer.  I have purchased another Windows 10 Home machine intended to be a dedicated gaming machine for FSX.  Is it possible to use original FSX/Acceleration on both machines.  When trying to boot up the program on the new computer it produces a dialog box titled:

Product Activation Error
"We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.  ERROR CODE: 1-80004005  More information about this problem may be available online.  Would you like to view this information now?" 
Followed by Yes and No boxes.

Before I go to Microsoft, do you have any experience with this error code?  I'm fearful that they will simply switch my activation to the new machine, leaving the older one inop for flt sim purposes.  The machines will be in two different places.  That's the reason I'm doing this. 

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Al (Al312) Trainee

RadarMan,
Many thanks for the tip.  The Aussie's video clip solved the problem perfectly.  I'm up and running.  
Best regards,
Al312

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to be of help!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...