VFR Scenery not installing on Windows 10 PC

Pro Member Trainee
Ian (MyNameisIan) Trainee

I have owned FSX since it was a new sim and I bought several add ons including Just Flights VFR scenery - England and Wales ( a 4 disc pack covering all of England and Wales).

My problems started when I "rediscovered" FSX sitting in a draw this year covered in several years worth of dust and installed it onto my Windows 10 PC. Everything went as expected until I tried to install the above scenery add on.
Disc 1 appears to install correctly but when it asks for disc 2 for some reason my PC appears not to be able to read anything from it and basically sits there waiting for me to insert the correct disc to continue.
Has anyone else suffered this problem and if so would you know of a work around that would allow me to have some semi-decent scenery to view on my short hopes around the country?

I should add that I have tried Windows compatability troubleshooter and even tried to install it to my FSX SE copy but with zero luck. The disc itself appears to be clean and scratch free and in "as new" condition but my PC still refuses outright to have anything to do with it.

Any help or advice (however small or bad the news may be) would be an enormous help and may even slow the loss of my hair from pulling it out in frustration.

Keep flying and best wishes,
Ian.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Ian (MyNameisIan) Trainee

Thank you RadarMan, that's a very useful site you linked to for me but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem this time.
I should reiterate that my drive is working and does read/write to/from other discs, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar problem while trying to install this particular type of add on or with other older software in general with Win. 10.

I guess that for now I will just have to make do with the default scenery until Microsoft's new sim is available for general release as I'm not really wanting to purchase anything else for FSX until I know whether I will be switching to the new version or not.

Again thank you Captain for your time and effort,

Keep flying S&L,

Ian.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry that it didn't help.
The only other way would be to access the "D" drive in "my pc" with the DVD in it and click open.
Then look to see if you can get it to run by clicking on Install or another word that is in the DVD's list.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...