Sound on P3D

Pro Member Trainee
crtmmac Trainee

I loaded the Viscount folders on to P3D and it works but no plane sound.  ATC sound is OK and other aircraft types sounds are OK.  The Viscount sounds are OK on FSX.  I just copied the FSX install folders to P3D.  Mayb that was wrong.  But the Fly Away install wizard didn't give me a P3D option.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Feed this into Google, this forum won't allow a link.

Sound Configuration Files Prepare3d

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
crtmmac Trainee

Yep  That was it.
Thx
/colin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😉 Way to go!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
crtmmac Trainee

Different issue.  Just tried to load Fly Away Sim Vickers Viking to P3D.  The whole plane is transparent except nav lights (Internal and external.  Any clues?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try lowering your slides, autogen, shadows, clouds and AI.
The aircraft you are using may be graphic intensive and need more "power" from your video card.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
crtmmac Trainee

Did help.  I'm running a GFX 1070 with 8GB so it should be good.  But I reduced everything to minimum but still an invisible plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice card, should be good.
I don't have P3D but it's based on FSX.
See if there is a box Directx with a checkmark in it, if so take out the checkmark.
It would be in the tab that you see what aircraft you want to choose.
Maybe they hid it so look aroung that tab.
Also check the Graphics tab.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17888/fsx-repair-aircraft-transparency-issues/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/622954747298591780/
Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...