NWA Waco install problem

Pro Member Trainee
dbwhip Trainee

I downloaded and installed the NWA WACO aircraft files but the aircraft appears with no paint scheme, just a grey skin.  This is on Steam FSX.   The download instructions just say extract to Airplane folder but that creates a FSX_WACO_Fleet folder that FSX does not recognixe when I try to fly it.   I manually moved the WACO Fleet old days and WACO fleet today folders from the FSX_WACO folder directly to the Airplane folder...that move allowed me to select the aircraft for flight but with no paint job.

So, what am I missing?  there is a guage and an effects folder in the main download and I moved files from them to the like named folders in FSX...no help.   This is my first download from this site.  I will try another to see if it is file specific or if I am missing a step somewhere.  Like I said, download instructions for the aircraft are vague.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
dbwhip Trainee

Just tried Vega8 file and same thing...no skin

Pro Member Trainee
dbwhip Trainee

Hoorah! and there was great rejoicing in the land!   Found a reference on this site to turning off DX10 option in FSX graphics....that is working for the Vega at least.   No idea what turning that off does to the rest of the program but guess I will find out.   

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...