My Trip

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Well ladies and Gents, tommorow, at 4:00pm Central (US) I shall begin my 24+ hour return trip home. I'm hoping I have enough energy when I get back, to give you a detailed report on the flights, while they're still fresh in my mind. The route is as follows --

Depart Dallas Ft/Worth Intl bound for Memphis via NWA A319.
Depart Memphis bound for Amsterdam Schipol via NWA DC10
Depart Amsterdam Schipol bound for Abu Dhabi Intl. via KLM A330
Depart Abu Dhabi Intl. bound for Bahrain Intl. on the continuation of the KLM A330.
Depart (via ground transport) Bahrain to Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.

As always, I'm dreading the ever so long trip home, because it just takes the life out of me sitting in cramped quarters, but its worth it to make the journey back to my parents. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to have to spend big bucks for overweight luggage, which means no spending today 😞 --

On my journey coming to the US, I was delayed on almost every single flight, missed a connection from detroit to DFW, and our reschduled flight to DFW was delayed 6 hours, and remained on the taxiway (with us onboard) for another two, because of T-Storms. I was swearing all over the place that time, because the service was terrible. I'm certainly hoping everything goes better this time.

Personally, I would have preferred to travel via Lufthansa. They have only one stop in Frankfurt, which is quick, with continuation direct to DMM. BA requires that I pick up my bags from Gatwick, and commute to Heathrow in a span of 2 hours, and I always end up missing the connecting flight onwards with that schedule. Air France..well, some of you may remember the bad things I had to say about my experience in CDG about a year ago. I won't be doing that again. Still KLM, isn't all that bad, provided the flights are on time, and the staff is willing to cooperate.

I'm sure I'll fit in a few more posts before my scheduled departure tommorow, but this is just to keep you informed 😉

I'll do my best to post a flight report. Until then, be good everyone 😀

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Sound both fun and both horrible. I quite enjoy flying, but yeh it is so uncomfortable!

Good luck

Nick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds like a giant journey to get home - I hope it all goes well for you 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have a nice trip Crosscheck. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Have a good trip, although it doesn't look like fun.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Amsterdam Schiphol airport is one of the most beautiful airports I've seen. Have a nice trip 🙂 Crosscheck

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Good luck, Crosscheck - Have a good book to read and count to three (or one hundred) if you have too! 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have a good trip Crosscheck! Take a few pictures when you come into Abu Dhabi. The surrounding landscape alone serves as compensation for your ordeal 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Have a good trip Crosscheck! Take a few pictures when you come into Abu Dhabi. The surrounding landscape alone serves as compensation for your ordeal 🙂

Tailhook, I would love to take pictures, but the problems are...

1) I don't have a camera on me
2) We arrive in Abu Dhabi late at night, and depart shortly thereafter.

My apologies Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What a pity -- the fact that you have to catch the connecting flight in the middle of the night doesn't sound too pleasant.

On the bright side... think of the countless hours you'll be able to listen to those lovely sounding jet engines Whistle
😀

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

think of the countless hours you'll be able to listen to those lovely sounding jet engines Whistle
😀

Are you sure "lovely" is the word your looking for 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Jet engines at 35,000 feet are music to my pressurized eardrums!!! 😂 😂

😎

Munkeh Guest

Heh couldn't do that. You need to take a nintendo or something, or get space invaders on your phone 😛

Oh and tek a camera!!

Good luck n all, do what my dad does as a nervous flyer and just buy crap loads on board to take your mind off it. We came back from lanzarote with a singing keyring and flashing pen whoo!

Pro Member Captain

Munkeh wrote:

Heh couldn't do that. You need to take a nintendo or something, or get space invaders on your phone 😛

Oh and tek a camera!!

Good luck n all, do what my dad does as a nervous flyer and just buy crap loads on board to take your mind off it. We came back from lanzarote with a singing keyring and flashing pen whoo!

Personally, I haven't had much luck with security in travelling these long distances, so I'm really going to cut down on what I take on board. Maybe a book, and a little notebook to write on if I get bored. Apparently, To quote an officer in Amsterdam on my way here, I am a "security threat and must be detained until cleared by US security." I won't get into that now, but the point is, for reasons beyond me (sort of) people don't want me on their planes 🙄

Jamie4590 Guest

Have a good trip. 👍

Tomorrow I try again with the Horse

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...