Problem With Opneing Torrent Files

Pro Member Trainee
alaskalady Trainee

I have never downloaded with torrents before.  I downloaded X-plane HD Mesh today, but do not know how to unpack the 174 files.  They each end with .zip.torrent.........  I deleted the .torrent to make it a zip but now it says Windows connot read this file??????  Normally windows can look inside a zip file, but not these.  I would appreciate if someone could help. I understand how to install, just not the torrent part. Sure an easy and fast way to download scenery.  Thanks!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
alaskalady Trainee

Thanks for the answer!  I am elderly and could not see the print on the video, but I do appreciate your response.  I do not need to download, I already have the files. I downloaded from Fly Away Simlation. I downloaded 1 zip file, inside the zip were 174 .zip.torrent files.  I need to convert those to zip or open them.  Windows lets you look inside a zip file, then it is possible to copy if it is regular folder or file. Windows can not look inside a .zip.torrent.   That is my problem!  I tried deleting the .torrent but windows could not recognize......

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
alaskalady Trainee

Thanks again!  I just realized what the problem is........  You need another program to open .torrent files! DUH!  and then I went and read some more about this type of file, that it is just info not the actual scenery....... DUH2!   I looked back at your 1st post, and got utorrent, installed and pointed it to correct folder where the files were, not it is downloading the actual meshes!

I appreciate your help, I am not a flight simmer but my hubby it. He is 81, with cancer and filght simming is the joy of his life.  Due to the chemo, he can't do a lot of stuff on the computer that he used to, so I stumble thru his flighsim stuff to try to help him.  We both than you, Karen

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very sorry about your husband, I'm glad he has this to enjoy and occuppy his mind.
I'm pleased that you noticed the right  to use the torrent, doing anything in the Sim is a slow step by step to make the right decision.
Thanks for letting us know.

Radar 

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...