flight sim x issues

steve smith Guest

i recently purchased a dell gaming computer and downloaded flight sim x gold edition. the program starts correctly except when I try the flymode a black screen comes up with the white pointer and thats it.  no screen comes up that shows instuments, just ablack screen with the music in the background.  i already ran all the required computer updates.   HELP.  worked fine om my old computer

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

I have this issue as well and from what I've been able to find out after some research is it's likely due to your AMD graphics cards or the Adrenaline 2020 software that comes with it.  There are a couple of possible fixes to try.  First try disabling Radeon Enhanced Sync in the Adrenaline software's graphics settings.  If that doesn't work than your only other options are to either play in windowed mode or enabling the Direct X 10 Preview option in settings.

The first option didn't work for me but has for others.  The later two options did work for me.  I don't care for playing in windowed mode often personally cause it distracts from the immersion to much but there is software you can download for free https://winaero.com/ that allows you to shrink down the size of the Windows  title bar at the top of the screen so it's not so distracting.  Or if you prefer the Direct X 10 method, there's software called  Steve's DX10 Fixer https://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/ which fixes many of the issues related to running FSX in DX10 mode.  It only cost's $11.99 so it's well worth it.  This is what I used to allow me to play FSX in DX10 mode without having so many graphics bugs.

Pro Member Trainee
Darwin Enge (captinDarwin) Trainee

I am having a problem with flight simulator X.
After downloading everything works fine.
But once I turn it off I cannot reload.
The launch icon is a blank page.
So I bought flight simulator deluxe edition.
This same thing happens I cannot play it again.
I would have to uninstall, then reinstall to play the game.
I also have the gold edition with acceleration  same thing happens
Cannot start the game.  Comes up blank page.
I would much rather fly a plane and watch a movie.
I am running windows 10 8 GB of ram 1 TB hard drive.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...