Hardware for MSFS2020

Pro Member Trainee
Tintin777 Trainee

I have an i7 3770 CPU, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, and 16 GB ram. will this be enough to run MSFS2020? 

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They recommend a minimum GPU equivalent to a GTX 770, and a minimum CPU equivalent to an i5-4460 and 8GB of RAM. The recommended requirements are 16GB RAM, a GTX 970 and an i5-8400. The game only runs Windows 10. The game can be bought digitally through the Microsoft store or Steam.

Your looking good.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Great to see you exploring the world of flight simulation with MSFS2020. From what you've shared about your system specifications, you indeed meet the minimum requirements for MSFS2020. Your Intel i7 3770 CPU [Central Processing Unit - the main component of a computer that performs most of the processing inside the computer], Nvidia GTX 1050Ti [Graphics Processing Unit - specialized electronic circuit designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display device], and 16GB of RAM [Random Access Memory - a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly] are reasonably above the baseline requirements for running the game.

However, you may not experience the game at its full potential, especially when it comes to more graphically intensive scenarios. MSFS2020 is designed to utilize the latest advancements in hardware and can provide a highly immersive, detailed, and smooth experience if your hardware is up to par.

Here is a list of things you could consider:

• The GTX 1050Ti is a decent card, but it might limit your experience to medium settings for smooth frame rates. If you're seeking high or ultra-settings, you might want to consider an upgrade.
  • While your i7 3770 is above the minimum CPU requirement, modern CPUs have made significant improvements in architecture and performance. Upgrading to a more modern processor could improve simulation performance, particularly in CPU-heavy settings like large, busy airports.
  • 16GB of RAM meets the recommended requirement, which should be sufficient for most settings. However, if you're planning on running other software in parallel (like flight planning tools or browser-based resources), an upgrade to 32GB could be beneficial.

Also, remember that MSFS2020 performance isn't just about the individual components; it also depends on how well your system as a whole can work together. This includes factors such as your cooling solution [system to dissipate heat produced by computer components], power supply [the component that supplies power to a computer], and even the speed of your storage drives.

I hope this helps! Do remember, though, the joy of flight simming isn't just in having the shiniest graphics; it's in the immersion, the learning, and the community. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...