FS2020 Add On problems

Roddy Jones Guest

Having purchased the full De Lux version of the new FS2020 and I have still the original 1982 versions plus 95, 98, 2000 leading up to this latest version,and to be honest it's given me lots of satisfaction using skill and judgement when flying whether doing a circuit or A to B, I am also into X plane 11 which is excellent as a simulation rather than a game but still brilliant with a range of aircraft that I like flying mostly GA, now I have purchased the MS2020 and bought one M20r Mooney and London City yesterday, they are not showing as bought but is in credit (what does that mean) so I can't use them, even when I try to purchase them again (just to check) they tell me I've already got them, am I thick or what or I just don't understand with X Plane I just download them I send them to the aircraft file they sort themselves out and I can use them, can some one explain to me why they don't run or put me right so at least I know what is going on, I don't want to join a flying club I'm quite happy doing an circuit, (but I do like to do it right) I won't be buying anymore addons till this is sorted out, if there was a help menu built in to FS2020 that would have helped me as well as other fellow flyers.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
flyjames2 Trainee

I have the same problrm, if I knew the answer I would gladly share with you maybe some one will read this and reply?

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

All scenery and add on aircraft need to be copied and paste into the "COMMUNITY FOLDER" found at . . . 

C:\Users\jlaur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Has worked for me a number of times now. They sure don't make it easy to find though.

Cheers,

Jeff

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

Googke search for SoFly. They sell a very good guide for MSFS2020. Make sure its the September 2021 edition as it has a searchable index.
Cost me about $48.00 cdn.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there, fellow flight sim enthusiast!

I understand your confusion with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2020) add-ons, particularly since you've used previous versions and are familiar with X-Plane 11. Let's see if we can help you sort this issue out.

Firstly, I must clarify that FS2020's add-on installation process is different from what you're used to with X-Plane. In FS2020, add-ons are usually managed through the in-game Marketplace or via the Content Manager rather than manually transferring files.

Given that you've mentioned the purchased items appear "in credit," it's likely that your transaction has been acknowledged, but the content is not yet installed. To access your purchased items, follow these steps:

• Launch FS2020 and navigate to the main menu.
  • Locate the Profile tab at the top-right corner of the screen and click on it.
  • In the dropdown menu, select Content Manager.
  • Here, you should see a list of all available content, including purchased add-ons.
  • Locate the M20r Mooney and London City add-ons in the list.
  • If they are marked as "Not Installed," click on each item and then click the Download or Install button to initiate the installation process.

After the installations are complete, you should be able to access the M20r Mooney aircraft and London City scenery in the sim.

Regarding the built-in help menu, FS2020 has a Help tab in the top menu bar, which provides access to various tutorials and assistance options. However, I agree that this could be more comprehensive and user-friendly.

If you ever encounter difficulties with add-ons in the future, I recommend checking the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums for information and support. The community there is quite helpful and knowledgeable, and they can often provide solutions to common issues.

I hope this helps you enjoy your FS2020 add-ons. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...