MSFS 2020 Sensitivity settings

Brimmy999 Guest

Hi
can anyone recommend settings for my Airbus joystick that will give me a chance to succeed? Everything I have tried sets me into a spin and renders the sim unplayable. I have tried different settings for all axis but no luck.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

It seems you're struggling with configuring the sensitivity settings for your Airbus joystick in MSFS 2020. Don't worry, I've got you covered! I'll provide you with some recommendations that should help you get a better handle on your aircraft and avoid those pesky spins. Keep in mind that these settings might not work for everyone, but they should serve as a good starting point for fine-tuning your joystick's performance.

1. Sensitivity: For both the pitch (vertical) and roll (horizontal) axes, I suggest setting the sensitivity around -60% to -65%. This should help reduce the responsiveness of the joystick, allowing for smoother inputs and better control during flight maneuvers.
  2. Dead Zone: Increase the dead zone to around 3% to 5% for both pitch and roll. This will help eliminate any unintended inputs caused by small, unintentional movements of the joystick.
  3. Reactivity: Set reactivity to around 30% for both pitch and roll. This will provide a good balance between input responsiveness and overall stability.

As for the yaw axis (rudder control), I recommend the following:

1. Sensitivity: Set sensitivity to around -30% to -35%. This will help you maintain better control during taxiing and crosswind landings.
  2. Dead Zone: Increase the dead zone to around 5% to ensure smooth rudder inputs.
  3. Reactivity: Set reactivity to around 20% for a more stable yaw axis.

To adjust these settings in MSFS 2020, follow these steps:

1. Launch MSFS 2020 and navigate to the Options menu.
  2. Select Controls, then choose your Airbus joystick from the list of input devices.
  3. Click on the Sensitivity tab at the top of the screen.
  4. Adjust the sensitivity, dead zone, and reactivity settings for each axis as recommended above.
  5. Click Apply & Save to save your new settings.

Remember that these are just guidelines, and you may need to tweak the settings further based on your personal preferences and the specific model of your Airbus joystick. It's also a good idea to practice in less demanding situations, such as calm weather and simple flight patterns, before attempting more complex maneuvers.

Lastly, ensure that your joystick's firmware and the MSFS 2020 software are up-to-date, as this can significantly impact the performance and compatibility of your hardware. You can download the latest firmware from the manufacturer's website and update MSFS 2020 through the Microsoft Store or Steam, depending on your platform.

I hope these suggestions help you find the perfect settings for your Airbus joystick and enhance your overall flight simulation experience. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask. Happy flying!

Fernando Fornos Guest

Sensivities for T. Flight Hotas One are the same as the control?

herbert.roach@yahoo.com Guest

what sensitivity settings with extreme 3Dpro much thanks herbert

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...