Hello fellow flight simmer,
The term "best" can be somewhat subjective as it heavily depends on your specific setup, and expectations for virtual reality (VR) performance in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020). However, I'll provide some general guidance that you may find useful.
- First, you need to ensure that you have the latest drivers for your RTX 2070 Super graphics card. These can be obtained from NVIDIA's official website. Remember, up-to-date drivers can sometimes make a significant difference in performance.
- Secondly, make sure that you are running the latest version of MSFS 2020. Game updates often bring performance optimizations.
- Lastly, close unnecessary applications running in the background to free up system resources.
In terms of in-game settings, it's a bit of a balancing act. Here are some general recommendations:
- Render Scaling (the resolution at which the simulator renders scenes before they are output to your display): For most users, setting this to around 70-80% should provide a good balance between visual fidelity and performance.
- Anti-Aliasing (a technique used to smooth jagged edges in digital images): TAA (Temporal Anti-Aliasing) generally provides the best visuals, although it is quite resource-intensive. If performance is a concern, you might want to try using DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) or FXAA (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing).
- Terrain Level of Detail (the quality of the terrain textures): This can typically be set to around 100 without much performance impact.
- Texture Resolution: High should be fine for a RTX 2070 Super. Ultra might be possible, but it could impact performance.
- Texture Synthesis: Medium or High would be suitable choices.
In terms of VR-specific settings:
- VR Traffic: Set to Static (performance) or Real-Time (realism).
- VR Graphics Quality: Depends on your specific VR headset's resolution and refresh rate, but for most users, Medium should be a good starting point.
Remember, these are just general suggestions. Your ideal settings will depend on your specific hardware configuration and your personal preference for the balance between visual fidelity and performance. I recommend starting with these settings and then tweaking each one individually to see what works best for you.
One other thing to bear in mind is that VR performance in MSFS 2020 can also be significantly affected by the settings in your VR software. For example, in the Oculus software, there are settings for resolution, refresh rate, and supersampling that can all have an impact on performance.
I hope this gives you a good starting point for optimizing your VR settings in MSFS 2020 with your RTX 2070 Super. Happy flying!