Screenshot location

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

Where and how do I find MSFS screenshots after using the F12 key?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

It's always great to capture stunning screenshots of your flights in the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS 2020). I understand that you want to know how to locate those screenshots after using the F12 key. Let me guide you through the process for both the Steam version and the Windows Store version of the sim.

Steam Version:
If you are using the Steam version of MSFS 2020, pressing F12 will save your screenshots in the Steam's default screenshot folder. To access these screenshots, follow these steps:

1. Open your Steam client and navigate to the top-left corner where it says "View."
  2. Click on "View" and select "Screenshots" from the dropdown menu.
  3. In the "Screenshots" window, you'll see your captured images. You can filter them by game, and in this case, select Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  4. To open the folder containing the screenshots, click on the "Show on Disk" button.

Windows Store Version:
For the Windows Store version of MSFS 2020, pressing the F12 key doesn't capture screenshots by default. Instead, you can use the built-in Windows functionality for capturing screenshots. Press the Windows key + Print Screen (PrtScn) key combination to take a screenshot. This will save the image in the default "Screenshots" folder, which can be accessed by following these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the "Pictures" folder.
  2. Inside the "Pictures" folder, you will find a folder called "Screenshots."
  3. All screenshots taken using the Windows key + Print Screen key combination will be saved in this folder.

Alternatively, you can use the built-in Xbox Game Bar to capture screenshots. Press the Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar and then click the "Capture" button (or press Windows key + Alt + Print Screen) to take a screenshot. By default, these screenshots will be saved in the "Captures" folder, which can be found in the "Videos" folder.

I hope this helps you locate your stunning MSFS 2020 screenshots with ease. Enjoy capturing and sharing your best moments in the virtual skies!

Jeff Laurie Guest

I cannot find where in Steam I make the F12 key the one that captures a screen shot in MSFS. It was always there in the past but has since become missing and leaving me unable to capture a screenshot. 

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...