Help with flight sim X - Reverse Thrust Key?

frankie1955canada Guest

hello all...I forgot on fsX   ... what is the key for thrust reverse?... haven't got into it in ages...now I'm feeling better so it's time to fly somewhere..lol....thanks for any help.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

It's great to hear that you're getting back into Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) and feeling better! No worries, I'm here to help you with your query regarding the reverse thrust key.

In FSX, the default key to activate reverse thrust is F2. This key will engage the reversers on the aircraft's engines, allowing for reduced speed or even backward movement (especially helpful during taxiing and landing). To increase the reverse thrust, simply hold down F2, and you'll notice the deceleration of the aircraft. To deactivate the reverse thrust and return to normal operation, press F1.

Now, remember that not all aircraft have reverse thrust capability. Typically, reverse thrust is found on jet aircraft and some turboprop airplanes. So, if you're using a piston-engine propeller aircraft, reverse thrust may not be available.

In case you want to customize the key assignments for reverse thrust or any other control, you can do so by navigating to the following:

• Open FSX and go to the main menu.
  • Click on Settings.
  • Choose Controls.
  • Select the Buttons/Keys tab.
  • Scroll through the list of commands to find the desired function (in this case, reverse thrust).
  • Click on the existing assignment (if any) and then press the new key you want to assign to that function.

For a comprehensive list of default key assignments in FSX, you can refer to the official Fly Away Simulation FSX keyboard commands page: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

I hope this helps you get back into the virtual skies! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...