Market Place won't sell

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

In MSFS 2020 I want to buy add-ons from Market Place in the sim. None of the items for sale will allow me to buy them. When I click on Purchase/Buy Now nothing happens. 
It's worked in the past but now it won't.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow flight simulation enthusiast,

I understand you're experiencing an issue with the Market Place in MSFS 2020, where you're unable to purchase add-ons. I've encountered similar issues in the past and I'd be glad to offer some guidance. Here are a few steps that might help resolve the problem:

• Restart the simulator: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor glitches. Close MSFS 2020 completely and then launch it again to see if the issue persists.
  • Check for updates: Make sure you're running the latest version of MSFS 2020. Updates often include bug fixes, so navigate to the Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/store) or Steam, depending on your platform, and ensure there are no pending updates.
  • Verify your internet connection: A stable connection is crucial for the Market Place to function correctly. Ensure you're connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.
  • Reset the Microsoft Store cache: If you're using the Microsoft Store version, it's possible that some cache issues are preventing the Market Place from functioning correctly. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type "wsreset.exe" (without quotes) followed by Enter. Once the cache is cleared, restart your computer and try again.
  • Check your account/payment information: Ensure your account and payment information are up-to-date and accurate. You can check this on the Microsoft Store or Steam, depending on where you purchased MSFS 2020.
  • Reinstall MSFS 2020: As a last resort, consider reinstalling the simulator. Before you do, make sure to back up any custom content, such as liveries or scenery, that you might have installed. Once the simulator is reinstalled, check if the Market Place issue is resolved.

Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you regain the ability to purchase add-ons in the Market Place. If you're still experiencing issues, you may want to reach out to the official MSFS 2020 support team (https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) for further assistance.

Feel free to update us on your progress, and good luck!

Safe skies.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...