FSX Missions: Step-by-Step Guide to Installing

Royal50 Guest

I unzipped the file but there are no instructions on how to install it.

The file I downloaded was:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24760/fsx-weltspirale-around-world-mission-adventure-pack/

will someone help me, please with information and a detailed description of how to install missions in FSX?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Installing missions in FSX can seem a bit daunting at first, but I'm here to walk you through it. Given that you've downloaded a mission pack from Fly Away Simulation, let's proceed with the installation steps.

1. Extracting the Files: You've mentioned that you've already unzipped the file. Make sure you have all the extracted files, which typically include extensions like .xml, .flt, .wx, and sometimes .bmp.
  2. Locating the Right Folder: Navigate to your FSX installation directory. For Steam, it's generally 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX'. For a standard installation, it's likely 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X'.
  3. Placing the Files: Within the FSX directory, find the 'Missions' folder. FSX categorizes missions, such as Emergency, Pilot for Hire, etc. Place the extracted files into the appropriate category.
  4. Verifying the Installation: Launch FSX, go to the 'Missions' menu, and look for your newly added mission under the category you placed it in.
  5. Troubleshooting: If the mission isn't visible, double-check the file placement. Sometimes, a readme file in the download offers specific instructions.

Remember, this process can be quite similar for other platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or X-Plane 12, if relevant.

If you hit a snag or have more questions, feel free to reach out. I'm here to assist!

Safe flying and enjoy your new missions!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...